Happiness

E

Erica Baldwin

I have recently started fishing after a couple of the blokes at work kept going on and on and on about it, so I thought I would give it a go and see what all the fuss is about. I have to say I am addicted! I have now been 6 times and last night I got my PB - a 15oz Rudd! I can't explain the feeling I got when I caught it - I am still smiling ear to ear now thinking about it! All my girlfriends think I am mad as they think fishing is for blokes - maybe I am mad - but I wouldn't be any other way! I love looking at the photo of me holding my PB! Before last night I had only caught small Perch/Rudd/Roach/Bream. Thanks to Matt for his coaching - would never have done it without your help.

FishingChick

Reaction score
Thanks Bryan - I agree, I don't think the bug will leave me now! Can't believe after living in the fens all my life (27 whole years!) I have never done any fishing! Still have loads to learn though and need to get more confidence but will get there in the end.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Its a long journey just as you think you have cracked it. You learn that you still know very little and i have been fishing for the last 32 years.

You will have to drag your friends along so they also get hooked we need more ladies like yourself. There is lass i work with who comes sea fishing with us. 7 months pregnant and she was still cod fishing in the winter storms. She loves it.

E

EC

Welcome to the fray, what a boss part of the world you live in for fishing, I have friends in cambs and when I have visited I cannot believe how much water there is in that area, that with how few people you actually see on the bank!

Blunderer

Reaction score
Don't let Des Taylor see you, Erica.
He put a pathetic piece in his Angling Times column about how he goes fishing to "get away from women".
I know the guy can be stupid, but just what century is he living in?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Welcome to the site Erica, you have joined a quality group of individuals who will help in any way they can..... oh an' I'll chip in my pennies worth every now and again :eek:)

Congratulations on the PB.

FishingChick

Reaction score
Hello all!
Thank you for your messages of encouragement!

Well, I haven't heard from Des Taylor as yet! I will look forward to the day though!!! I don't think there are enough women anglers - I haven't seen any since I started fishing. I went to an event hosted by Kings Lynn Angling Association last Sunday as part of National Fishing Week, it was a great event but not very well attended. Not very many women but lots of kids which was cool - and the kids were good too! I am going to try my hardest to get some of my mates out fishing with me - just need to get them past the thought of handling magots and fish! Took me a while but am cool with it now.

I have got the Middle Level running through the village where I live so we get lots of people going there for Zander fishing - don't think I will be joining them just yet though! Maybe one day.

I'm not good enough yet to go out on my own - would not know what to do if I hooked a big fish so I still need my coaching!

Will keep you informed of my progress!!
Erica

Robbie H

Reaction score
Erica, welcome to the world of angling. One tip for getting your mates out on the bank is to mention the sun tan possibilities! Did the trick with my girlfriend.

J

jason fisher

i bet there's a few people on here that have never had a 15oz rudd, i'm not surprised youre smiling.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

The easiest way to get over handling maggots is to be aware of the fact that they are probably the cleanest living things on this earth. Without flies and maggots we would all have died of horrendous deseases years ago. Maggots convert bacteria into harmless substances like ammonia.

Rudd are a beautiful and rare species today. You have every right to feel proud of such a fish.

As regards women, I have met many I have wanted to get away from. And have met some I haven't.

You sound like the latter.

C

Chris Bishop

"I went to an event hosted by Kings Lynn Angling Association last Sunday as part of National Fishing Week..."

I was there taking pictures and catching up with a few people.

KLAA is a great club, which does some great stuff for youngsters and beginners, they also have some good "bran tub" waters as well as a few harder ones.

R

Rodney Wrestt

How strange,
I would have thought the Monk would have sensed the female pheromones' in the ether by now and FishingChick/Erica would have had a dinner invitaion or at least a coffee offer as our Wend had. Mr Monk, I'm surprised at you.

Erica.......... Beware the Monk :eek:)

C

Chris Bishop

Talking of Wendy how is she - anyone heard from her lately..?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Not really since she moved to Cyprus Chris, she doesn't get on here often now. Which is a shame.

W

Wolfman Woody

Welcome in Erica, the water's nice!

I wonder if Audrey Roberts going fishing tonight on Coronation Street will encourage a few other females to take up the sport. I just wished that old codger taking her would update his tackle.

I mean - fibre glass rods with brass ferules and a wicker basket. How old is that?

I wonder if they want any extras to help her catch more? Hmmmmmm!

F

Fred Bonney

Hi Erica,welcome to the funny farm.
Don't forget,if you have any queries or problems there will always somebody on here who can help.
Although some have difficulty helping themselves!

T

The Monk

Hello Erica and welcome to FM, you take no notice of that Rodney, hes from Scotland you understand. Its so nice to see a pretty young face on FM after spending years looking at the likes of Woody, Ron and Scouse Eddie.