Hallcroft fisheries

james grice 2

Reaction score
Hi guys... im 16 and in my local fishing club, i have been there for about 3 years and each year im improving, im fishing against adults each week and this year i have been doing well... well infact that i am leader of the club in terms of points.

however this week the venue stumps me... its hallcroft fisheries, i have been a couple of times before and always done pretty well, but not aswell as others. my max weight out is around 16lb.
We are fishing croft lake, it is a rectangualr shape with no features to fish too except in each corner peg where you can fish to the reeds... Each time i have been i fish about 7-8 meters out on the ledge...however i have seen others fishing the ledger into the middle, i have never tried this because i have found the lake too small. in terms of my line i am using .14 powerline with .11 hooklength with either 16/sweetcorn or 18-20/maggot and caster
others have told me that they were fishing with meat... should i try this or is it a waste of time on such a small lake? is method feeder any good? should i be using differnt tactics on my pole?
Thanks for any help...JAMES

E

EC

See who is catching well there, and have a look at what they are doing differently to yourself!