Bluefin tuna - they still don't understand

richiekelly

Reaction score
its just the greedy human race doing what they do best---- destroying resorces with no thought of the future,we are the only spacies on the planet that do this and in the end i belive we will destroy ourselves.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Each year there are less blue-fin tuna, so they become rarer, so the price goes up, which makes them more desirable, which causes more boats to be launched to find them which catch even more, so they become rarer, so the price goes up etc etc
A couple of years ago I read that one single fish could be worth more in a Tokio restaurant than an average house cost. I think they meant in the USA, but even so..

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Mitsubishi!!

Bluefin extinction is laid at their door. They are biggest single factor in the end of the Bluefin!

See "End of the Line" DVD. The End of the Line :: The Film

The EU criminals are second! That includes Berlisconi and Italy.

I notice the Irish [Donegal]rod and line sport fishery has disappeared! Probably trawled out by the greedy pelagic trawlers?

mikewilson

Reaction score
For those of you interested in Tunny [Tuna] you might like to consider this new publication. Its called "The Glory Days of The Giant Scarborough Tunny" by Mike Ross. ISBN 978-0-9566375-0-5.
Available from Dave Watson. Antique Knives
Cost around £89 cloth bound and £200 leather plus P & P.

Mike

Colin Brett

Reaction score
or "Tunny - The Rise and Fall of Britain's Biggest Fish" by Chris Berry a mere snip at £20
6db34b0ac74395b700b79e0557cc6f63.jpg

I bought this back in September. Great read! The dust cover says it all!