National Fishing Week

P

peter webber

Hi All

A friend of mine has asked me to put this up for him.
I'll be going up to his do to lend a hand and all are welcome to come.

Hi
I am just writing to let you know that next weekend is the start of National fishing week.
national fishing week is in it's 10th year, and the aims of the week are:

To improve the lifestyle of disabled people, youngsters, women, retired people, infact anyone and everyone by introducing them to Angling as a relaxing and therapeutic and Environmentally friendly pastime.

To increase individual commitment to, and participation in the conservation and enhancement of water resources.

To introduce young people to a sport they can enjoy for the rest of there life.

Angling is one of the most enjoyable pastimes in the world. It teaches children about wildlife, the importance of a clean environment and provides healthy entertainment for all ages.

As with most sports it is best to start young and learn correctly.

Our Aim is to teach children the right way to fish and through that, how to care for the environment.

All National fishing week events are covered by Insurance.

The USSC Angling Club Are holding an Open Day on the River Cam and Bourn Brook at Cantelupe Farm Nr Grantchester on Sunday August 19th.

we will have the Environment agency on Hand with their Exhibition Trailer, with plenty of leaflets etc, as well as a tank of fish.

Ian cresswell PAA Coach will also be there. (professional Anglers Association) to give tips and lessons in fishing for novice's and experienced anglers alike.

Barrie Rickards respected Author and predator Angler, and president of the newly formed SAA will also be there on the day.

The Lea Valley Lure Anglers Club Will also be there to give lessons on lure fishing techniques and fish handling.

We are holding a raffle and Tombola on the day with many prizes up for grabs. all the proceeds are going to the Marie Curie Cancer Charity.
There is also going to be a second hand tackle stall, and again all the proceeds are going to the Marie Curie.

The first 60 children who turn up will receive a float pkt of hooks and disgorger.
details are on our web site http://usscangling.cjb.net

All are welcome.
David Kennedy
David Kennedy
http://usscangling.cjb.net

D

Del Jarman

Hi Peter, can you ask your mate if he knows a contact address or phone number forThe Lea Valley Lure Anglers Club. Or does any body else out there have any info on them?

P

peter webber

Del

No problem, I will br talking to him tonight and I'll see if I can get there number for you then.

Pete

D

Del Jarman

Thanks Pete, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the Lea Valley Chapter of the L.A.S.but I could be wrong. I often am according to she who must? be obeyed!! Del.

D

Del Jarman

Thanks Pete, I have been trying to ring there co-ordinator tonight but he's not in as yet.Anyway thanks for your help. Tight Lines. Del.

P

peter webber

Hi All

I went to the USSC Angling club open day sunday just gone ans what a day it was.

Dave had worked very hard to get this going and a big thank you to him for all his work and for putting me up so I was able to go there to help out.

PAA coach Ian Cresswell was there teaching the kids the basic's and they all caught fish.

The weather was not as good as we would of liked as we had heavy showers all day, but we still had about 20 kids turn up and all went away having caught fish, goodie bag in hand. 2 brothers that were there all day went away with a compleat setup each (proper rods etc not the ones on card) as well as a trophy each for the biggest fish caught by a newcommer.
You could not put in to words the looks on there faces when they were given the tackle, there smiles went from ear to ear.

Over ?400 was raised for the Marie Curie Cancer Charity.
This was a first for me BUT not the last, I can't wait untill the next one.
Once again well done Dave, Ian and all that worked so hard for the kids.