hair rigs

• Thread starter christian tyroll
  • Start date
C

christian tyroll

im trying to learn how to tie my hair rigs iv mastered it apart from one bit...

i cant manage to tie the loop on the end of the hair! what knots do you lot use? please help im hopeless with knots!

PTnymph

Reaction score
Why don't you use the knotless rig? It is dead easy to do

C

christian tyroll

thanks alan i was using the knotless knot i just couldnt tie the loop but ive got it now thanks Alnath iv now managed my first hair rig :)

C

christian tyroll

sorry not Alan i meant Andrew! (im losing it)

Stuart Oliver

Reaction score
I found the Fox guide to carp rigs very useful book and at only ?4.99 it's saved me loads of money making my own rigs. It as easy to follow step by step guide's to make a hole range of rigs and all the info you need to now about when and where to use your hair rigs.

C

Cakey

theres a little tool for tying the loop that takes the boilie stop,its a little roung disc with 4 pins sticking out the edges (two each side) and cost less than a quid !
when I can remember what its called Ill let you know

B

Big Swordsy :O)

or you could tie big loops like me because i have so much scar tissue and nerve damage to the tips of my fingers I cannot mess about with little loops all night, my hair is all loop.

I know it's practicalities are limited but it works for me :O)

PTnymph

Reaction score
There also a Semyo Hair Loop Tyer, The Tackle Box do a metal version of the product above.

bigbaddonkey donkey

Reaction score
You double the line up , and just tie an overhand knot whatever its called to form the loop.
Then you tie whats called a domhoff knot which is 'similar' to a knotless knot but without all the "eye stuff", with that line and loop u just made, to the hook.
No need for knotless knots if you don't want.

C

christian tyroll

thanks for all the advice,
ive got the hang of it now using an overhand knot to tie the loop!

Stuart Oliver

Reaction score
Glad to hear uve go the hang of hair rigs, may u catch plenty of fish with rigs made by ur own hand!! (it feels good 2 noing u made it urself!).