Chub bragging rights

chav professor

Reaction score
sorry to blow me' old trumpet here! But made the front cover of anglers mail (nov.30th).:j:j:j:j:j he he!!!!!!!

It has been a two decade search for a 6lb plus chub from my local river in suffolk - not one of the ones known for producing such fish. what makes it more exciting is I lost a much bigger one at the start of the season.

Anyway - enough attention seeking!! cheers for indulging me.

BarryC

Reaction score
Blow that trumpet just as hard as you like, no ones going to do it for you.

Well done on a great fish, after 20 years well deserved.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Nice one mate, nothing better in fishing than catching what you set out to get. 20 years of hard work, now you will have to get a 7lb Chub......:eek:, and when you do it, tell the press you want a centre page spread..

Well done.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations Chav, have you got a pic you can post on here ?

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Well done, Prof!
Going to laminate a copy for your Mum?
I'm afraid that's what I did on my only appearace in their (inner) pages. If a six-pound chub isn't an excuse for a moment's vanity, what is?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Congratulations, that's a fine chub from anywhere. It's a superb chub from that venue, well done.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Congratulations, It's a nice looking fish Christian. I've yet to have a 6 from my local river, (although everyone else and their dog has, they say) my Wear PB is 5-13 and that was in 1997 (I think)
As it took me about 12-13 years to up that from 5-12 I doubt I will, time is running out fast and not on my side :(

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

There you go, chav professor and his 6+ chub taken on ... you'll not believe me, buy the AM

wp4ab26337_0a.jpg

"What made the catch more satisfying was that it was landed using a vintage B James MKIV Avon cane rod and centrepin!"

If youve got it (caught it) ...:)

Hope that's OK Christian.

Nice knees, I'm an expert.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is a stunning chub mate, and a top photo.

Congratulations!!! :)

I've been after a 6lber from the Teme for a while now and my best to date is 5lb 15oz! It was too cold to bounce the scales! Lol!

PS: John is very astute; those are indeed top knees!

chav professor

Reaction score
I like to pride myself on showing a bit of flesh - but was considered a little too racy for a lower shelf publication. I think they have been carefully edited out this part carefully concealing them with some rhubarb that makes up the lesser parts of the magazine.:j

waggy

Reaction score
Congrats! that's double my best these 2 years past. It's finding chub at all around here.

bigchub

Reaction score
You have every right to be proud of that chub mate. I was when I caught my 6lb'er. Truly when one reaches that size they are an unforgettable fish. I'm now on the hunt for my second 6lb chub but I don't think I'll manage it by the time this year is out.