deep wading jacket and waders!!

L

Lee Edwards 1

hi

Looking for a new deep wading jacket and some breathable waders, the jacket I've found is the hardy deep wading jacket any opinion on this one?

Also I've found either the airflo comfort zone chest or the greys grx chest waders, both of these are breathable but I would like to know if they are any vast differences. The airflo do come with boots in the price.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I was lokking at the Airflow waders also. Talking to a guy on the river a few weeks back. He said a freind had got the airflow comfort zone and had to take them back at least 3 times for leaks at the seams. Not meet anybody else with any experiance of these waders though to know if it is a isolated inccident.

I would also like to hear peoples opinion on these wader and the Greys.

S

Shrek

You won't go far wrong with the Hardy jacket if, I presume, it's from the EWS range. Very good piece of kit. I take it you've tried the jacket on and it has plenty of room to allow for casting etc.

As for your choice of waders, DO NOT TOUCH the Airflop ones. I've had 3 pairs of them and all leaked more than a brown paper bag!!
Can't comment on the Greys ones, but I now have a pair of Vision Flywater waders and have no problems with them at all. Fit is good, no leaks and comfortable to walk and fish in. They also come with a pair of boots for ?149 I think. Very good VFM in my book.

chef

Reaction score
fork out a bit more and get the Vision Extreme waders and boots ?199 +?95 for the boots excellent quality and great waders too boots are great very comfortable

Richard Baker 4

Reaction score
Hi Lee,

I use the Barbour wading jacket. The goretex breathable one. Great jacket. However I've also heard good things about the hardy.

From a boots perspective I got tired of using sub standard waders and invested this summer in the best you can get. A pair of Orvis Tailwater XT's. They have the wading boot built in and areabsolutely tp notch. bit pricey though at 325 quid. If you travel to the states wait and get them there. They work out at ?225. Thats where I got mine. the Orvis store is on 5th Avenue.

Regards,

Rich

M

Mr Pigsy

bought the shakespeare ones for ?90 - so far so good - it has integrated felt boots.
if it is rubbish then i have only made a ?90 mistake! If i put a hole in a pair of Simms waders then ouch - there goes ?300
Simms freestone wading jkt - worth every penny

david3092

Reaction score
my pal bought the airflow package and yesterday the soles parted company with the boots this is the second pair he has had the first ones leaked waiting to hear back from the co that he purchased them from