A New Chair

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Having read through all the chair reviews, I have not made up my mind. I like the look of the Terry Hearn chair yet there might be others that would be best for me.

Here are my salient features.

1: Lightness and portablity.

2: Comfort, I would like it to recline.

3: Adjustable feet that don't sink inot mud.

Price does not come into it. I am prepared to pay for the very best as this item will have to last me for many years.

What can you recommend?

S

Steve Ayscough

Ron I bought a Terry Hern Cocoon Chair last year after my old fox one finally broke and my only regret is that I didn't buy one years ago, Instead of taaking a bed chair down onto the Trent for overnight session I just take that. I think it will fill your needs as it quite light(some of the lads down at Collingham commented how light it was) fully reclines and has mud feet as standard

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
The Terry Hearn one is ?79.99 from Swifty's and it weighs 5.4 kg which is just a tad off 12lbs but it is sprung to protect your tender bum. I suppose it depends what you call light but it seems a bit heavy to me. My Nash Nomad is super light, about 4lb I think, but of course you forfeit the comfort that the Terry Hearn one has.

C

Chris Pearson

Hi Graham or Steve,
I need a new one for the Trent BFW bash (one of the legs on my fairly new Nash Lounge Lizard has given way already :-( )
I've tried to find the one you're recommending but can only find either cocoon or TH not a TH coccoon.
Could you post me a link to the one you mean.
thanks,
ChrisP

J

jason fisher

i've got what's left of a coccoon, but unfortunately i got one of the ones with bakelite leg brackets, they break when the legs collapse which is a bit of a bugger.
i think they've solved this by going back to metal ones now though.

some thing to check on when making a choice though.

J

jason fisher

i've also got one of their older chairs which has been used and abused for nigh on 20 years and is still going strong.

C

Chris Pearson

Graham,
Thanks,that looks perfect,just what i've been lucking for.
Fred,I need one like my head, a big soft one!!!!

T

tom riordan

Interesting chair Fred, I might invest in the adjustachair myself. I will have to have a look at one in a store first.If the back adjusts the same as the front, I will be getting one. I use a fold up camping stool, great for roving, but the are too low for me, and you usually end up flailing at air trying to get out of the stool when in a hurry. Most chairs are designed for comfort and a more static approach to fishing and are too cumbersome to carry any great distance.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

That's right Tom.

The problem with the vast majority of chairs is that they are much too heavy.

I wish I could get what I want and it weigh less than a kilogramme. A great deal could be done, in my opinion, with carbon fibre and titanium.

T

tom riordan

Great find there Graham its just what I am looking for, and chears Ron for starting the thread, because I have been meaning to sort out myself a decent chair all summer and I keep bumbling along with same old crap I have been using. Now for A small footprint single man Bivvy? Possibly a beach Buddy if they still do them. I will start a new thread, I dont want to divert this one.

C

Chris Pearson

Graham,
If I'm not mistaken that Nash is the same one as mine (Lounge Lizard)but renamed,if not its very similar,haven't had mine that long and I'm only about 14st and 1 of the aluminium legs has given way already.