Blame ourselves??

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All too often nowadays I am hearing or reading of the kind of remarks that a lot of us, I am sure must detest as they become more frequent. We have heard it all in the past.
Remarks such as; I had a couple of barbs last night, but the chub are a pest.
It really does sicken me because irrespective of the species, when a new species comes along, it is as though every clown, fool, and idiot in the country forgets any form of sensibility or etiquette and gallops at full charge into the affray.
Barbel, barbel,barbel. I want one, I want one.

I won?t bother going into the consequences of such madness, we have been there before.
The questions are,
Why do they do it?
What do they do it for?
Is it for some kind of self gain or profit?

Actually I just think it is normal everyday anglers joining in the fun, but at what cost?

Or could it really be the antis disguised as anglers, infiltrating us and whipping everybody gullible enough into a frenzy to spill the beans? And thereby be the authors of our own demise?
Are the majority of anglers really so short sighted, that they can not see any further than their rod tip?

Not sure if anybody will understand that or not, but now and again I am filled with despair over what I see for the future.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Most of my angling is spent after a specific species. I've just spent a day and night session on the Ouse in Norfolk targeting zander. If I had caught a nice double figure pike in the process, which was quite on the cards, do you think I would have called it a nuisance?

No way.

I and certainly all those in the DVSG, respect all species - even ratfish.

And Matt respects bream, I can assure you.

Even when he's barbel fishing... :eek:)

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It was mainly things I had read and heard elsewhere Ron that prompted me to start this thread, and nothing to do with the DVSG.
This epidemic is countrywide you know.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"It was mainly things I had read and heard elsewhere Ron that prompted me to start this thread"

What and where ????

Come on Baz --Spill the beans!!

J

jason fisher

there's nowt worse than getting a screaming run and it turning out to be another soddin nuicance double figure barbel when you're trying to catch a decent chub.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can't spill the beans Ed, it would only add further muppeteers to the carnage.

I will say this much. Oh shit I've forgot what I was going to say now.

T

tom riordan

Its down to the angling press baz, barbel are always flavour of the month at the beginning of the new season, dont worry it will be chub this and chub that soon enough and the barbel will get a back seat. Then it will be grayling and roach around xmas time, then it will be all carp in the press as the the river year draws to a close. Theres merit in every fish that swims, and most anglers dont just fish blindly for one species all year round, even c**p anglers must stick there noses out of the bivvy once in a while and go for something different.

T

tom riordan

Aagh I just typed out the dreaded C word in full, I will never get into the river masons society now.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wish I could remember what it was I was going to say. Me minds gone blank.

T

tom riordan

Baz is lost for words, he must have taken a bad fall and bumped his head.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All I can remember is that it was something complicated.
And if I can't remember it, it's a fair bet you lot wouldn't understand it.

J

jason fisher

can you remember quantum theory, because i can understand it.

C

Clive Evans 1

Can he remember quantum theory!

Jason, what world are you living in.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No but I can remember to put a question mark after a question, instead of an exclamation mark, a comma, or a full stop.

C

Clive Evans 1

Well done Baz, two more cards nicked.................(by the guy who thinks innuendo is an Italian suppository)