New Bivvy

T

tom riordan

Its that time of year now when thoughts are turning to the colder weather coming, and I thought I would get myself a new Bivvy,I have got a brolly and overwrap, but it is an almighty struggle to get the overwrap on when the weather is really foul. The thing is I want a bivvy with a small footprint, I wont be using a bedchair in it or anything, I just want to keep myself and my kit dry and be able to fish in restricted areas where there isnt much room to fit a larger bivvy, I was looking at a beach buddy type of shelter, but maybe some of you lads own a bivvy that you can recommend that doesnt take up a lot of floor space and has a reasonably hight opening to sit in the entrance way and see the rod tips.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<a target='_new' href="http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/ProductID/862/GroupID/14/CategoryID/107/v/>Here</a> is the one I fancy if the link works.

If not go to Tackle shop on the home page and look for Fox Stalker Shelter.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry mate lost the link.
Go to Tackle shop on the Home page, and look for the (Fox Stalker Shelter).
I fancy this one myself. Matt Brown gave it a pretty good write up.

L

Little Stu!

for small, I would agree with Baz, go for a fox, but a small dome will suit you best for the smaller places.

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Tom,

You mention a beach shelter, if thats what your after and its just for day sessions then have a look at this. Its no where near the quality of a bivvy but its cheap as chips and it will keep the wind and rain off you and your gear at the least. Even if it lasts you one winter at the price its good. I have one and use it occasionally for overnighters in the summer.

http://www.millets.co.uk/Millets.storefront/EN/Product/09356505

C

Chris Pearson

Tom,
Have you considered an Aqua 60" brolley?
Not sure exactly where in Derbyshire you are but if you wanted to pop over and have a look at mine you'd be welcome.
ChrisP

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I've got a Trakker brolly with the storm sides. Goes up in seconds. Brilliant.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I strongly agree with both Chris and Ron. The Aqua (same as Trakker) Big Z Brolly in 50" or 60" are fantastic. They're light and can be set up in 30 seconds or so. Downseide is tehy cost ?150 to ?180.

If money is a problem, the Fox Stalker Shelter (the one I currently own) gives just as much protection and is light and costs around ?60 or less. They take longer to set up though. 4 minutes ithrough most of the year but a lot longer when it's near freezing (the material contracts.)

L

Les Clark

Bully I disagree ,I have had a Nash profile for about the last 4 years cost me about ?150 back then ,apart from waterproofing it once I have had no trouble with it ,it is big enought to get my bed under plus most of my gear for a 1or2 nighter and it is very stable .

B

Bully

Yo Les (is it grandad yet??).

I had a bad experience.......and am still having one, with them. But it is a long story.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I use a Roamer Dome can be adjusted to fit most swims. Left open like a Brolly or closed like a bivvy. The price is right as well.

T

tom riordan

I am torn between the roamer dome and the stalker, I will have a look at a few set up in the shops and have a rethink. I am trying to get away from the brolly systems as I have a brolly and overwrap now, although I wish the brotel was still being manufactured. Thanks for your valuable input everyone, I will let you know what I eventually decide upon once I have had a nosey around. Weight will be the deciding factor though, as I have over a mile walk to get to my favorite hotspot, even with a barrow it a fair old hump if I get carried away with the gear.