Stanwick Lakes Northants

ByNasty

Reaction score
I'm planning on doing a 48hour session on Elsons Lake at the stanwick lakes complex next week and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the venue and would be willing to pass on some info. Going for a wander round there tonight to give myself a bit of a heads up but any additional help would be greatly appreciated.
Tight Lines Y'all

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
bynasty.....i live in northants myself and although i`ve driven past the said lakes many a time,i`ve never fished them.
i think your best get would be to perhaps call into either websters in irthlingboro or colins creel in raunds and and ask.

T

Tim Richardson 2

Give Mark a ring on 07850 818850. Or Phil Dunn on 01327 340589 / 07974 300015

ByNasty

Reaction score
Cheers guys. Went for a walk around it yesterday, Elsons is a beautiful little lake, so I'm pretty keen to get on it. Spoke to the only guy that was fishing it at the time and he said it was extremely weedy though so I'm not sure how I'll approach it because I've not really fished in weed much before. Do either of you know of any other day ticket style venues around Northants that aren't just small carp puddles? The pit I've been fishing is giving me headaches and I'm on the lookout for a new venue to do some overnighters next year. The carp don't have to run massive but a good head of doubles with the chance of the odd 20 would be nice. If there's tench and bream then that's a bonus. I've been contemplating getting the wellingborough ticket to have a look at their lake out near the addingtons but I can't find any info on it or the club on t'interweb.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
by nasty......i dont know what part of northants your`e from but a lot of the tackle shops especially in and around wellingboro do the club card.
i used to have a clubcard and the lakes your talking about is ringstead island.to get to them,all you do is keep following the lane that runs past the entrance to ringstead grange trout fishery.there is a gate blocking the entrance to the wellingboro waters and a key will need to be purchased to open it.
the two main pits there hold some cracking carp,tench,bream and pike etc....the back brook also holds good fish esp chub.the main river i think would also be worth fishing esp after some pre baiting.there is also some cracking roach fishing to be had near the loch as well.
there are plenty of other good waters to try as well and the wellingboro club card is quite good value for money.
if its day ticket fishing your`e after then you could try barnwell country park at oundle which holds some monster carp,big bream and tench as well!! you could also give blubell lakes a try at tansor (between oundle and peterboro).
corby boating lake also holds some carp over the 2olbs mark and thats availiable on a day ticket.
i know theres plenty more availiable but i aint got me thinking head on at the moment....its always a good bet to enquire at tackle shops.

ByNasty

Reaction score
Thanks Nick and Tim, had a look on www.fishingnorthants.co.uk and it's given me a few ideas. I live in Earls Barton so anything round Wellingborough, Rusden etc although I travel as far as Cannons Ashby sometimes and I'm quite happy to go Newport Pagnell way as well. I used to have the Wellingborough card but I never made it out to ringstead island, is it a nice looking lake? Thought about bluebells but it'd be too expensive to do regularly.