E-mail problems

• Thread starter Big Swordsy :O)
  • Start date
B

Big Swordsy :O)

Please if any computer buff out there can help I would be grateful.

I can recieve email but when I compose and send, everything looks good but the senders never recieve them.

Why?

If anyone can work it out and would care to explain in child like detail for me I would be very grateful indeed.

Lee

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Perhaps the other members of the DVSG have all put a block on your emails?

A polite way of saying YOUR OUT maybe!!!

;o)

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Lee,

Try emptying your sent items folder and then your deleted items. That might help.

Get rid of the Incredimail. It's nice and pretty in a girly sort of way but every email sent appears in the recipients in box as having an attachment which uses up space like no-one's business.

You've possibly exceded your mailbox limit...

Bob

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Lee, who is your ISP and which program do you use to compose and send e-mails? (Outlook Express, AOL, Hotmail?)

B

My ISP is blueyonder and i use "incredimail" to compose and send emails.

S

Shrek

Do Blue Yonder have a webmail facility that you could use via Internet Explorer or whatever browser you use?

If they do, try to send email from this. If it send successfully then it eliminates your ISP as the problem and points to the settings on the email program you are using.

Try that and let us know.

B

I think Bob was right......Shamefully I hang my head in shame and admit to having a dirty box.

I was a cluttered mess.....I have cleaned my boxes out and all seems to be well.

Thankyou all

Lee