Theft and Evasion

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So,
A group of Poles in this weeks Angling Times have been caught illegally fishing by the police, no E.A. licence and also fish theft . They were caught bang to rights after being reported by the controlling club.
But no action is being taken, instead they were given a warning, seemingly they were not stealing enough fish. It was said that individuals would only be charged under the theft act if caught with large numbers of fish.
(nothing said about licence evasion)

It does not need to be said what would happen to an English angler if caught without a licence alone. Integration and equal rights my arse!

Surely somebody should be held accountable for this blatant lame excuse for a let off.
Do something or scrap the E.A. Licence altogether.

There are a number of issues in this weeks A.T. that relate to this forum in the past few weeks, so things do get noticed.

PLEASE keep it clean mateys, but let your feelings be known, you never know, it could go some way to forcing a change.

L

Les Clark

Baz ,It looks like the old bill couldn`t be bothered or didn`t want the hassle or both .

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
The police take them into custody, immediately they want an interpreter, because they claim they can't speak english, this can take hour's, and cost hundred's of pound's, all for a fine/caution, so, to the police it's not worthwhile.

Now, if they're found guilty of ANY criminal offence, and lose their right to stay in this country, we may see a change.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
A few years ago i was at Isleworth Crown Court for the hearing involving a Mr Brown and Mr White who sold fish resulting in the deaths of numerous large (and small) Carp throughout the colne valley and beyond.

It was laughable, they were as guilty as sin for the deaths and numerous clubs were greatly affected, clubs such as the 'North Harrow Waltonians', they were found guilty in the end of VAT evasion because the sums of money envolved were so large, but had it been just the loss of fish life they would have got away with it.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Incidentally, have you wondered how angler's can fish for hour's, and day's, and not catch a carp, yet these people are catching them regularly with little effort, I was recently told what they use on the hook, (I won't call it bait), totally unbelievable, apparently carp cannot resist it.

And no, WE, would'nt use it.

Club's/fisheries in this area, East York's, have a list of car registration numbers to look out for.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kieth Arthur says -:
it is not an offence that warrants custodial retention, so police bail is issued. The perpetrators simply don't turn up.

So do we give simmilar advice to our own when caught without a licence?
or stealing a couple of fish?

Should we all boycott buying the E.A. licence next year?

S

sash

It has happened on a number of occasions in my area. The EA let the blokes off with a warning and didn't even confiscate the gaff they were using, just told them not to use it again.

Incidentally they killed all pike, zander and a number of 2.5 - 3.5lb perch for the pot and fished the same venue almost every day during last winter. Wonder if I'll catch much off there this winter........

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think the police and E.A. are keen enough to attend, but it looks to me as though they are acting on orders from a higher authourity when it comes to these minority groups.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
According to most polls there are something like 3,000,000 million anglers in this country????????

So how come we don't sell 3,000,000 licenses?

Why are the EA looked upon as the good guys when it comes to Angling???? the NRA wern't, was that why they changed the name?

I still feel ripped off every time I buy me license, its a con, and nobody has yet been able to explain why my license doesn't run for 1 year from the day i buy it, all me other ones do, Telly, car etc. But to fish it starts from April 1st (whats that all about then?) for gods sake its within what used to be the closed season, and who used to enforce that????????

The 1.4 million people who pay for 1 or more of these useless bits of kit would be better pooling their money (around 35 - 40 million ) and doing the job themselves.

I'm afraid the class A rivers would miss out here because thats were a lot of the money goes but its not where the bread and butter fisherman are, because we cannot afford to fish them.

Mr Angry signing off.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In the next Catch magazine, the official mag of the E.A. there may be a report of so many anglers caught and prosecuted for licence evasion. And we on here applaud it.

I won't be applauding it in future, not when I know that certain groups can get away with it. Good luck to them is what I say.
And I welcome the day when somebody takes the E.A. to the court of human rights for discrimination.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I think Murray makes a fair point regarding our acceptance of paying for the licence now it's issued by the same organisation, in another name. The NRA weren't seen in as positive a light as the EA are now, were they?

I guess the debate about the value or otherwise of the licence is for another thread.

My thoughts now are that most, if not all of us here seem to think it's wrong to fish without a licence. Have we come under the spell of the famous government spin, I wonder?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The NRA although the same body were far better than the E.A. Ric.
Blunders galore when the E.A. took over in my opinion.

M

madpiker

here in somerset over the past couple of seasons,"anglers" with eastern european accents have been caught catching and killing bream and tench by licenced club anglers.what do the ea do?nothing,except explain that it`s not allowed and that they need to buy a licence.off they go,only to reappear on another water doing the same thing.yet a mate of mine was having a slow day pike fishing a couple of years ago,so he "sneaked" out a 3rd rod for the last hour of daylight,although he only had one rod licence.this just happened to be on a rare day when the ea were out checking licences at the weekend.the result of his actions,was a fine and court costs amounting to over ?300.
what he did was wrong,but to fine him so heavily,yet let off unlicenced poachers who were stealing fish,just because they were foreign,stinks of reversed racial discrimination!even the bailiff that caught him was dismayed at the size of the fine!

M

madpiker

perhaps we should all learn to speak fluent polish with the correct accent,then we could save money by not having to buy a rod licence!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A leter to our Mp's to stop these injustices would be a start, that is if enough people can be bothered.
The E.A, themselves should be fighting it, they have their own solicitors, and it is their jobs that will be on the line at the end of the day.
What is happening now will only breed discontent amongst licence holders if allowed to carry on.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
What annoys me is why are fish always valueless within the eyes of the law and other agencys. If they had been stealing sheep or cattle i bet they would not have got off. The local clubs should bring a private prosecution and any angler found without a EA rod licence ust claihe wearnt fishing but paoching and site this case as a precident when they get to court.

M

M?r?

почему покупка лицензия когда вы сделаете их для нас мой друг