Local waters!

K

Kerry Fuller 2

Returning to fishing after a few years and looking for information on where to fish locally. I live in Dudley in the west mids,although i'm "not a local!", prefer still water fishing, enjoy river fishing if the flows not to fast. Coarse fishing prefered to specimen, and do it for the enjoyment.
So anyone out there can point me in the direction of some decent places to drown a few maggots I would be much abliged.

Stuart Oliver

Reaction score
I there, Im from wolverhampton and 2 have only just got back into fishing. I don't know many local waters, i live on the cannal (staff & worcs) where i've been catchin alot of big bream (6lbs may pb) and a few carp, i also go to bridgenorth on the river 7. any way i found Total Fishing.com good 4 local fishin. Look out 4 the pendeford bit of cannal thats the part i fish.

mountainman

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. Sorry taken so long to reply had problems with internet access.
Tried the lake at Himley Hall a couple of weeks ago and that proved fuitful.
Do you know of any local rivers rather than canals that are fishable?

Stuart Oliver

Reaction score
Was looking at a pool called island pool just off Himley Hall, ave u tryed it mountainman?? The only river is the 7, at ironbrigde or strewbury but brigdenorth is the closest and good swims for barble.

mountainman

Reaction score
Is the Island pool part of the Baggeridge country park? Wasn't aware that they were fishable, will have to look into it. Fished the river Lark in Suffolk on sunday, ok if you don't mind being badgered by the fearless Gudgeon with it's mate Jack Pike in tow!