Big whiskers

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes Gary the rivers are lower than I can remember them this year.
I have had barbel, but the thing I have noticed more than anything is the lack of chub that I normally target. Haveing said that, I haven't been out as often as I usually would because of the lack of rain.
I hope the chub fishing picks up soon.

P

Phil Hackett PCPL with Pride

Baz I've seen it even lower than it is now, 1976. At that time I was fishing Redscare wier section. The water coming over the wier was like a babbling brook. Further down I could wade across the river and the sandstone gullies and drop a bait in the barbel gully on the Bonsi section.

Hutch

Reaction score
Gary

Can you get an infra red remote that works on all cameras? or is it specific to your camera?I have already written off one camera when water on my fingers got inside when i pressed the shoot button when using the self timer.

P

Phil Hackett PCPL with Pride

Ian there was a few that went from 2-5 lbs. By 1981 those fish were reaching 8 lbs. The first double I heard of from this area was either 83 or 84.

Joskin It relates to a thread in the baitbox which got kinda heated a month or so ago. You can work it out from that!

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
1984 a glorious year I remember it well!Got married and caught my first barbel from the ribble ,all 4" of it !!
The original fish had reached double figures and there was a 5lb wels off the Deeps!

G

Gary Knowles 2

Hutch,

Dunno mate. I'm not that technically gifted !

The remote I use is what came with the Canon G6 that I bought after reccomendations on this website. It is brilliant though for fishing on your own.

I'm not sure whether being able to see the remote between my fingers detracts anything from the picture or not. I'm toying with the idea of editing it out on future shots.

Any thoughts anyone ?

G

Gary Knowles 2

the other thing I meant to say was if you ever fish on your own the 180 degree rotating display and the remote make photographing an absolute doddle. In the past I would have had the barbel on the bank for far longer than I'd be happy with. This time I just left it in the landing net, unscrewed the top of my rod rest, screwed on the camera, framed myself and pressed the remote. Less than 30 seconds from start to finish.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Good old Boilie Head, Finally got himself a G6.

They are the best compact make no mistake.

They don't like H2SO4 fumes by the way so don't carry it in your trousers pocket.

:eek:)

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Gary, i normally drop the remote once i'm happy with the framing. I also keep it in one of those small sealable plastic bags.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Sorry, that meant to be

Tit, i normally drop the remote once i'm happy with the framing. I also keep it in one of those small sealable plastic bags.