THE MIGHTY `SHOE!

Foxy

Reaction score
Got some time down on Horseshoe (3 days) looking for some advice on how to fish it plz. Had one session on there last year in November, was very cold and all the fish where about 30 miles out in the middle.

Have read various reviews on the place, some suggest the method, others copious amounts of Trigga.

Probably looking at loads of parti-blend with trigga over to top, and the other on a stinky anchovy and fish sauce method mix.

Any advice / tips will be welcome.

Cheers, Foxy

;-)

B

Big Rik

spodding and beds of bait (and the method) have been done to death on there and other waters like it (St Johns etc), so I'd probably favour bags, recast every few hours in the hope of tracking down some marauders.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

There's me finking this thread was about Riks feet?

B

Big Rik

oh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Wol, you're about as funny as Chlamydia....

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Now that would be funny, huge feet and gargantuan bollocks.

T

The Monk

the last time I was down there, I was fishing in between Dave Lane and his mate Keith, lovely lads, we were all blanking and the fish were well out, Dave started using the Zig rig at distance, we all followed suit and caught

O

Ozz

Walk it first, and try to locate the fish, Bags deffo seem to be the way to go on there at the moment.
Don't ignore the plastic and maize combo's either...fished in conjunction with bags of pellet.
The problem with 'Shoe' is you can settle onto a comfy peg and everythings looks good....but the fish are a mile away from you!
Take you're time in choosing the peg and you should be ok.

Foxy

Reaction score
Nice darts lads,

Definatley agree with ozz. Last time i went down walked it and went round a couple of swims with a lead and found a few likely hard spots, laid a few traps just off winter bay hoping to catch them as they come in or out of it, but to no avail. Will probably go for one on the bag as suggested, and put a few particles in the margins. One thing i did see were a few good lumps patrolling the edge of the weed when i was down there, and that was in november!