music for anglers

C

Cliff Hatton

I would associate Jethro Tull with traditional carp-fishing. Other ideas?

K

Keith Orange

Handel's Water Music

Schubert's the Trout (or is it Mozart)

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i think we`ve been down this road before.....music to fish to and all that.
although not my fav band,or music genre,i can listen to a bit of tull now and again...aqualung,songs from the wood,broadsword and the beast etc...

E

EC

Stiff Little Fingers, used to accompany us to and from (not during) our trips to Birkenhead Park in 1984/85.

Joskin

Reaction score
Talking of music in fishing I think I've still got a copy of Bob Nudds single "Maggots in Yer catapult" somewhere must dig it out it always cracks me up.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

B......cks!!!!

I'll give you the lyrics to a proper song for anglers:

"A fishing a fishing a fishing we'll go,
Out in the sunshine or even the snow,
There's a cloud in the sky and a breeze from the west,
And we shall have fishing today on Old Test"

Corus:

"Hey nonny noe lets wassail and let's go,
We'll baiteth our hooks and our heads we'll keep low,
O hey nonny noe and our rods are a quiver,
We'll catcheth our fishes way down by the river."

The tune is played similar to an ancient madrigal with Lute, flute and dulcimer.

You are a bunch of philistines you lot.

Let's have some tradition.

Dave Mcfluffchucker

Reaction score
iron maiden "the number of the beast" as thats what number came up on my mobile when after 3 days fishing the ex wife used to call me to find out where the hell i am " im only going for 1 night honest" but hey when the fishings good you got to stay

dave mc fluffchucker
a cave in scotland

G

Ged

The Art Of noise and thier version of the theme music to ROBISON CRUSOE. last lament to all those rigs excetera lost on islands in lakes everywhere.

C

Cliff Hatton

Ed - 'Why Jethro Tull?'

Well....in his (their) 'chart-days' they all LOOKED like carp-fishermen...y'know, looked as though they hadn't had a decent nights kip for 6 months...a bit dishevelled.....And their music has always been sort of...countrified, sometimes eco-aware, a bit earthy!

And by the way, Ed & Co, are you aware of how BIG Jethro Tull are still? They play to packed houses in every corner of the Earth. I saw them in Oxford last year. Superb.

Oh! And PJ Proby! He's still doing it big! Though I believe his trousers remain intact nowadays.