need to find big fish

Les Smith

Reaction score
hi every body i need help to find carp lakes that have fish up to 40lb.
the only thing is i live in newcastle upon tyne.
i've been going to yorkshire/selby.
if you know of any lake's not to far please can you let my know.
i fished newhay last weekend i had my best comman at 17.11 and a lovly grassy at 17.2 the best fish of the weekend my brother inlaw at 20.6

Les Smith

Reaction score
no i am only a fishing man looking to better my pb which is 32.8

B

Big Rik

shame, because some of your other posts have been quite decent Les.

Les Smith

Reaction score
i had that fish about 8 years ago and i've only got back in to carp about 6 mounths ago and don't know any new lakes are any new fish.

B

Big Rik

so why the need to target 40's?
and asking about an area that doesn't have any.

Les Smith

Reaction score
all i was asking is if any one new of any were i can in prove on my pb i am sorry if there is a problem with that i won't ask for any help again i'll gust go and do a google search insted.
the lakes i used to fish such as newhay at selby only have fish to 30.
i fish cattrick ever weekend as it's the nearst good lake to me but i like to have 48 hours at diffrent lakes when ever i can.
looking for bigger an better fish.

Les Smith

Reaction score
i thourt forum's like this were to help your fishing i was wrong.
i am sorry if i have done some thing wrong.
so i won't post again.
thanks les

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Dictionaries can be found on Google too .....

T

The Monk

I myself have targeted 40s in my time, but you need to fish in areas which have a reasonable head of fish that size, I chose France! In my youth, size was important, in my quieter years however, its all about pleasure.

B

Big Rik

so give him a list of lakes with 40's in it near Newcastle then.

who's being rude?

njb51

Reaction score
a better and much more helpful reply would have been something along the lines of:

"Sorry Les, but im afraid i do not know of any carp waters containing fish to over 40lbs within the Newcastle Upon Tyne area. Good luck in your search though."

Thats all that was required.

But now we have probably lost a valued member due to some un-called for replies and comments.

B

Big Rik

and back to my previous question....

so why the need to target 40's?

a pb common of 17lb and looking to catch 40's

too much Advanced Carp mag and not enough reality.

G

Gary Knowles 2

Maybe he was a bit naive with his question but I thought the answers he got were a bit abrupt thats all...

M

Mark Hodson

Slamming the door in someones face is not the right way to show someone the error of their ways. The reason there are so many idiots out there in the first place is becuase no one was there to guide them in their angling infantcy and show them the correct path to truly enjoying your fishing. Think about the "karma" of it all.
I've gone all spiritual, off to meditate and get all these negative vibes out of my system.

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Too much CARP and not enough realty.

Les dont be put off by the answers you recieved but step back and look at the bigger picture......The world of angling does not revolve around 20-30-40-50 or even 60 lb carp.

A forty pound carp is not a valid reason to go fishing, you are missing the bigger picture.

Try a river 20

An unknown un-named 20

A canal 15

A wildie over 10

a crucian carp thats not been in a plastic bag and spent six months hung round a hook-a-duck stall at the fair

All the best and good luck

Lee