Masterpiece!!

Chris Hammond

Reaction score
There can't be another site on the web to equal yours for unearthing talented writers Graham!

Wonderfully written and told Dave. No need to wonder about what to do when you finally get to hear the 'Last Post'mate! That's a superb and compelling tale that carries the reader along beautifully.

I'll be polishing up the Zed rods this week for sure. ;-)

Cheers Dave. Don't make us wait too long for your next masterpiece.

Regards Chris

B

Barry Kneller

Brilliant stuff! Keep 'em coming.....

I never had any particular desire to fish The Fens until started reading some of these articles by Chris Bishop & Dave Marrs.

I've now become captivated by the place, just wish I lived a little closer so I could fish there more often.

The title of this piece says it all.
Thanks Dave.

Neil Melton

Reaction score
A superbly descriptive article...I feel like I've visited The Fens already without stepping a foot out my front door! You've only served to fuel my enthusiasm to fish, having just re-taken it up after a 10 year absence.

Many thanks.

F

Fred Bonney

Great writing Dave and terrific photo's too.
Keep it up.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Already got another article off Dave waiting in the wings. Anglers don't get more passionate about a species than our Disco Dave.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Lovely article mate.

But that red jumper has gotta go!

S

sash

He never washes that one either Wol!

Nice one Disco. Looking forward to the next one.

L

Lee Bowen

Very good piece Dave, having fished the cut-off last weekend for the first time i can understand your love for the place.

D

David Marrs

Many thanks for the kind words Chaps, I'm happy you all enjoyed it! I have to say Wol, there is a story behind that 'Red' jumper, basically a few years ago, I got to trying to make my pics stand out a bit more, hence the 'No Dad' getting a run out or two!!!

Kind regards,
Davester

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

A very nice piece Dave,

I am in the fens for a week in late October. We should get together and give those 40 foot zander a bash.

There's some good pike to be had too.

Pete Orchard

Reaction score
Well I've just reaquainted my ''old mate'' Disco Dave.Or so it seems,such is his talent for writing.I live in deepest Dorset and came across Dave's ''zed''
website [which sadly exists no more]about 18mths. ago.Have you a new one somewhere? Your talents deserve a bigger platform,you the only bloke to make blanking seem interesting!
I have been threatening to do a sess.,but my recollections of the fens are daunting.I fished it for 2-3 sessions [w.ends] at the end of the 70's when I lived in Essex.
Capturing my only Zed of about 3lb.fluked 'cos I was Piking.
These past 8mths.I've been fighting cancer which reared it's head suprisingly out of the blue.Having ''done'' my chemo and told I'm clear, looks like I'll be back at work in a cpl. of weeks.I really fancy a few days after Zeds,at what is considered a good time of year?
Any pointers would be really gratefully recieved,as it's difficult and expensive to put in lots of groundwork living so far away.
Keep up the excellent writing ''Disco''
God bless regards pete orchard.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I'm no zander expert but I would say that October is as good a time as any. I've had all my big ones then.

Mind you that's the time I fish for them.

D

David Marrs

Hi Pete,

Great to hear from you again mate! Sorry to hear of the news regarding your illness,however my thoughts and best wishes are with you!

Unfortunately I have been extremely busy at work and have neglected the website to the extent that it is now offline. I have had quite a few blokes asking after it though, so I will make a concerted effort to get it back up and running this winter! I used to really enjoy running it.

As for Zedding, the drains are a bit shabby at the moment, running a bit clear for the main part and with weed yet to be cleared. The rivers are in fine fettle though and well worth a bash certainly through Sep/Oct/Nov time! I really rate the days/nights immediately after the first frost of the year!

Glad you enjoyed the 'piece'.

Take care,
Kind regards,
Disco

nigel frederick

Reaction score
Great stuff Disco, always a pleasure to read your prose and and share the odd outing fishing with you.

Pete Orchard

Reaction score
Thanks for that Disco,if it happens I'll keep you posted.
Hope you find time for that website.
Best fishes Pete