Store Cards Interest Rates

G

Ged

29.9% being charged!
I don't care what they charge, just pay the bill when it comes. Simple maths realy.

F

Fred Bonney

I can't beleive that people whinge they're being overcharged,we all know the rates.
Too right Ged.

G

Ged

Why is it that these stors only target women? Dumb blonds, essex girls?

F

Fred Bonney

Oy,I was thinking,he's got his head screwed on, then he buggers it up,with an Essex girl cliche.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
If you're worried about being late with your payment follow my advice.

Dump all your cards apart from one, get one from the bank that you have your current account with. Ring them up and ask to set up a standing order to pay off the full balance of your credit card on the due date each month. They won't advertise that they do this.

Then....buy everything on your card and effectively pay for it 3-7 weeks later. Get a mortgage that's linked to your current account.

You're them making your money work for you, rather than for your bank.

I'm not a nerd, honest!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

But surely that would only work if you can afford to pay the full balance each month--wouldn't it ???

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Exactly Fred, my feelings entirely. Stupid people who think that buying things on credit is a way of saving money have only themselves to blame for getting into debt. I carry a switch and a credit card and they are used where and when I see fit but the credit card is payed in full every month without fail regardless of how much it is, and always has been. People get enough of my money without my paying them a percentage for paying my bill.

W

Wolfman Woody

I've never wanted to much out of life, only a ha'penny more than I can spend.

My wife lost her credit card over a month ago, but I've not reported it yet. Whoever has it is spending a lot less than my wife ever did.

G

Ged

Sorry abpout the skits Fred.
I know the credit card companies got ticked off for making it too easy to get credit. Whats wrong with NO when these people stop you in shopping mals?
And it does seem to be women that are in debt with cards. Shot till you drop. Or in most cases, shop until the hubby drops.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Credit cards are not to bad these days its the store cards that charge the stupid amounts. My Credit cards are there for emergencys.

What are all these adverts as well saying take out a new loan and pay less than the others each month. Pay less each month but more in the long run.

If you can not afford it don't buy it save until you can. I learnt this lesson the hard way.