Set Lines Found In The Northwest

J

Jack Pike

Quite a few set lines has been found on Southport And District AA waters this are crude devices twine with a line of large baited hooks weighed down with stones and pegged under water so please be extra vigiliant and inform other clubs in the area.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

It's also happening in the fens I believe - not just Peter Collins.

M

madpiker

our ethnic minority "friends" that either live in caravans, or speak with a foreign accent no doubt.

J

jason fisher

this has to be stopped by the ea and quickly the disgraceful failure to act on collins has set a precedent now.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Whats happening when there found. Do they get made safe but left in situe. Baliffs/EA await the return of the B*****ds.

J

Jack Pike

I found out some info today in another area on the same water nightworkers are setting these lines and retrieving them in early hours not only pike they are taken but tench and bream aswell the EA has been informed so we keeping a watch on the areas .

Milo

Reaction score
Jack Pike, what are the EA actually going to do to help with this issue?

I hope those who are setting the lines fall in and do themselves a mischief, it'll serve them right! It's not as if many people will hear their cries out there in the night...

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Surely the police could be involved if they are stealing fish from a clubs waters .....

Milo

Reaction score
Yes, Ed, I think the operative word is 'could'! They weren't interested when a banned driver crashed into my car a few years ago, even though they'd caught him driving the day beforehand whilst banned!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Jack Pike. I only live in Blackburn mate if there is any way i can help ust contact me. Willing to hide in the bushes for a night to keep a eye out.