What should you do in order when multiple bites occur at the same time

PTnymph

Reaction score
As a being a carper with a few carp on my pool but I be wondering when I see fellow carper using two.three rod set up and I thought of this question for you lot out there

What should you do in order to land the fish if either two or three runs occurs at the same time?

F

Frothey

i just play the fish a bit harder, and if i think its likely to happen set up two landing nets

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

It has happened to me twice in my life using two rods. Struck the first one, felt the fish, opened the pickup and put the rod down. Then I struck the second one, landed and released it. Back to the first, landed and released that one too.

They were not big fish.

njb51

Reaction score
thats pretty much what i did Ron.

thought i'd lost one of them when the line went slack; it was still there though!

Happen again on another lake and one was pushing 10lb and the other was around the 12lb mark. It wasn't too much trouble though, managed to cope.

Thats why i don't use three rods. It'd be to much hassle!

J

jason fisher

get both rods tangled up and if possible fall in always seems to work for me.

J

jason fisher

but i think it's better to play the first one pretty hard so you can net it as fast as possible while the other stays on the bait runner then if the other isn't lost play it normally with the first in the net and your foot on the end of the handle.

G

Ged

Only happened once. Left one to run on baitrunner. Unfortunately, lost the first but had the second, worried too much about the second rod. First fish felt biger as well.

Les Smith

Reaction score
i also had it happen to me i hit the first fish and the other ran i soped rods hit the other one tightend the bait runner a little and put it back down.
i landed the first fish unhooked it strate away.
the second fish was still on the bait runner had stoped it going to far.
after all that some one in the next peg asked if i needed a hand lol
it took me 10 minutes before my hart got back to normal.

PTnymph

Reaction score
What about when fishing near snags? Surely the would tangle up a fish in the snag?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Just fish ONE rod when fishing near snags .......