Where can I get some Storage Bins?

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I've been buying sacks of various baits for the last couple of years and storage is a bit of a problem.

On recommendation from another site I bought a large sealable container from a Home Brew shop but it wasn't especially good value at ?8.00 and it will only take around three quarters of a sack of Hemp.

It would also make sense if I could get containers that were square with rounded corners - like the Drennan bait boxes. It's makes better use of the space.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I need about 5 containers large enough for a 20k sack of groundbait.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
If you've got a local 'Poundstretcher' they have some rectangular see-through boxes with sealable lids, approx 2ft 6in long x 1ft 6in wide x 10in high, ?4 each.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can get you as many round buckets with lids (ex bakey) as you need for nowt, that's what I use. But you would have to pick them up. I will ask if there are any square ones tomorrow.

John Richards 4

Reaction score
Matt
You could look at www.viking-direct.co.uk and search for "Really Useful Box".

They come in several sizes up to 64 litres I believe. They have sealable lids and are rectangular so they stack together well. They are quite expensive, up to around ?12 for the bigger ones I think, but good quality. I got some used ones from some offices that closed down. They were ideal so I got a couple more and use them for storing groundbait, hempseed etc.

The smaller ones are useful for general tackle storage and also for wellies and nets in the car.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Cheers everyone. There is a Poundstretcher only 500 yards away so that's going to be option A.

Thanks.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I get some resealable bags from work and bag up the pellets into 2 kilo bags then store in cheap square non sealed boxes. Hemp i do in 500gms bags.

P

Phil Heaton

Doncaster car boot sale sunday morning Matt, I got some round ones that are about 15" diameter and roughly the same height with well sealing lids at 50p each if I remember correctly. They had been used in the catering trade for jam I believe.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Cheers Phil. Not sure I'm too keen on getting up early though!

I had a look in Poundstretcher today and I think I'll give them a miss. I fancy something sealable - to keep insects out.

P

Phil Heaton

Matt,
We got some boxes from Homebase, rectangular and 4 in the set for ?14 for our grandaughters toys, they had a sturdy plastic locking clip on each side.

P

Paul Christie 3

For brown crumb I bought a plastic dust bin from Wilkinsons. It takes a full sack with room to spare.

The only slight downside is the lid doesn't seal it air tight, but it's good enough to stop anything getting in and stops it getting damp in the garage.