Trent at Sutton & The Rother Pollution

W

Wayne Kerr

Can anyone tell me what the situation is regarding day tickets for the Trent at Sutton.
Just had a great session,nobody came round for tickets but some guys on the other bank,sounded a bit southern, kept shouting that it was some barbel club members only,can anyone tell me whether they own both banks or what?

Hobby

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,
There are no day tickets for Sutton,or Girton which is the bank you where probably was fishing.It is for Barbel Society members only.Where you fishing there today?

The Burmese Barbeler

W

Wayne Kerr

Ey up Hobbie,
Yeh we was on Girton,was it you on the beach,where are you from,dahn sarth?
No need for all the shouting mate!
How did you do,it looked a bit shallow on your side.
Sorry didn't see any signs.
Don't want to fall out,how do we get a day ticket for next week.
You'd have been much better off where we were,not as far to cast.
see ya next week.
Tight lines
wayne.

Hobby

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,
It was not me fishing,and i agree with you no need to fall out.

I have sent you an e-mail mate through this site.

By the way i'am from Sheffield.

The Burmese Barbeler

W

Wayne Kerr

hobbie,
Not far from us then mate,we'er from Donny,funny,how did you now it was us then mate?
Was it youre mates that wwere shouting at us,don't think that was called for,why do they fish over that side when its so much closer were we where?
Thanks for letting us know about the farmer,does he do the day tickets or do we have to join the barbel fishers club first.

tight lines
C U soon
wayne

Hobby

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,

Did not know it was you.just picked it up on your post.

Also the question you asked about tickets.

Please re-read your mail again as i think you have misunderstood what i said.

You can e-mail me with the details if you like.

Cheers

The Burmese Barbeler

W

Wayne Kerr

Hobbie,
Sorry mate I did misunderstand,I realise now it wasn't u,thought for a minute you knew where it was and you were having a go.
When we go on tuesday I'll ask the farmer about day tickets and see if you can come too,you sound alright,not like the ones that where shouting.
no need to e-mail u,if you can't work out how to get there we could meet you in a pub or McDonalds on the way.
What days best for u,let me know,its usually best early in the week less people about.
C U soon.
Wayne

Hobby

Reaction score
Morning Wayne,
I know how to get to Girton,and its a long walk to fish opposite the sands at the other side.Is there another way in to get you nearer to where you want to fish. Its a struggle with all the gear.I was knackered when i got there took me 30mins.

Cheers Ian

Hobby

Reaction score
Wayne,
You have got me a bit confused mate.

Who do i ask ? For what ?

Just trying to make things easier.

I don't want to thread on anyone's toe's.

Ian

W

Wayne Kerr

Hobbie,
I've just been on the barbel club site,best thing to do mate I think is get a ticket,will save us any hassle with the farmer and save you the walk if you haven't got a carp barrow.
wayne

F

Fred Bonney

It's like drawing blood this Hobby,I think he's winding you up.
Just in case he's not.
Wayne,you need to be a member of The Barbel Society to fish the stretch after the fence (where the sheep drink)on the Girton straight.
Otherwise you are trespassing or, maybe even poaching not certain of the exactlegal term.
To fish the straight and the opposite bank of The Barbel Society stretch at Sutton you need to be a Scunthorpe member.

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Wayne Kerr, are you the same wayne Kerr who has the cousin called Dwayne Pipe who fishes at south Muskham? He's getting married to that bird Terressa Green?

If so pass him my regards not seen him for years!

:O)