baitrunners

J

jay spurr

hi anyone out there could anyboby put me onto the rite lines.of names of good baitrunners for ?45-50 please cos i need one.

thanks jay.

TonyStone

Reaction score
Shimano baitrunners are regarded by some as the best, I use them myself and they are really nice reels.

The okuma interceptor baitrunners are supposed to good reels, I bought the non baitrunner interceptors for my barbel fishing and they are real goodquality reels.
So I can only presume the baitrunner ones will be just as good, think they are very cheap, like around ?30ish, not sure exactly.
Do a search on google and it brings them up

E

Eric Hayes

You can get a new Shimano? Baitrunner? Aero? for less than fifty quid. If you can stretch to about ?75ish you can get the GTE. With the GTE you get the double handle and a spare spool and a few more bearings.

For the Money the Aero? is good value.

B

Big Swordsy :O)

The Okuma ones are cheapest and not bad value for the money at about ?30

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Never had a problem with Shimano but have heard of problems with Okuma some good some bad. Seems there quality control is not that consistant

J

jay spurr

thanks to everyone i think il have a look around for a shimano baitrunner.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
The Shimanos are pretty good. Mine are 10 years old and still going strong despite quite a bit of abuse. Let's face it though, the clutch is crap.

Joskin

Reaction score
never had a clutch problem with any shimano and ive had a few

B

Big Swordsy :O)

The anti-reverse/backwind has always played up on mine

M

madpiker

i had shimano baitrunners for ten years until they got worn out.i replaced them with okuma epix pros and interceptors.i have had no problems with either,plus they have a 5 year guarantee.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I have an interceptor to go with my enticer rod? who thinks of these names?

Can't fault it except when the bait runner is engaged there is no sound at all when a fish takes line, I have taken to just leaving the clutch set loose in most cases so I can hear it. Don't want a hooked fish running into snags before I realise i've got a bite.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Use a electronic bite alarm with the sound turned down. I do with no problems. Get some funny looks of some people. Never miss a bite now while tying a rig or having a brew or even whatching the wildlife through the binoculars.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
As soon as i have money that the various establishments trying to bleed me dry don't want then alarms are on my shopping list.

I do find the scream of a ticking clutch on a powerful first run very satisfying though.

I can tell which reel it is as well without looking first just from the sound.

Stuart Oliver

Reaction score
I agree with everyone, i use okuma dyna drag pro's and add no probs. My brother uses okuma intercepters and thinks there great.

M

madpiker

i was told that some shimano reels are made by okuma,which is quite believable as they are one of the largest reel manufacturers in the world.

Joskin

Reaction score
I had an Okuma dyna somthing or annother and it was a load of shit. I scraped it and brought annother shimano. (wise decision)

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
I heard that Okuma make shimano's too.

I have a pair of Okuma epix pro's and they are spot on, cannot fault them at all. cost around ?60.

My mate who's just getting into pike fishing has got a Okuma undertaker baitrunner and its spot on as well and a lot cheaper at around ?35.

C

christian tyroll

i bought a shakespeare hurricane gt baitrunner its only ?35
and ive had no problems wiith it, its great!

it was only ?5 more than standerd hurricane but with 2 more bearings!