Preparation preparation by Kevin Perkins

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
As usual Kevin, you have struck a chord of recognition, certainly with me anyway.

I'm one of those that tends to leave everything in the garage, rod, or rods made up from the last expedition to the bank but its what goes in the carryall thats my bogey. I take the minimum of tackle with me and usually just enough for the place where I go, ie. float tackle for the pools and feeder tackle for the river. I have lost count of the times I've got on the bank and realised I've forgotten something essential because it wasn't needed the last time I went.

Whereas, once, I could set up for any type of fishing, confident in the knowledge that I had everything with me, I now worry myself to death on the journey there, whether I have forgotten something, and I usually have too. All this for the sake of two or three pounds in weight too, but still I do it, daft or what! We are a strange bunch we anglers with our little foibles and idiosynchrasies, very little of which makes any sense when analysed.

Good article as usual Kevin, I think most of us will see a little of ourselves in it.

K

Kevin Perkins

Graham

That's two of us paranoid, then. Perhaps we should form a self-help goup.......

Regards

Kevin