feeder tips

C

christian tyroll

ive been saving up for a feeder rod and have got some money for one.

but i noticed in the tackle shop you could buy new tips.

can these tips be put on most feeder rods?

do they have a sort of universal fitting?

or will i need to save for a rod with a bigger variety of tips?

i was just thinking of this as i would like to be able to use the rod in a wide variety of situations and would like to be able buy extra tips for this!

any help would be appreciated
christian

E

EC

How much have you got mate?

If you can, get a rod with several different tips, say 1and 2oz glass and 3oz carbon!

Some manufacturers tips will fit on each others rods, and some don't. In short don't buy a rod expecting its tips to interchange with something else from a different manufacturer, although rods from the same manufacturer should interchange, eg my shimano feeder tips interchange with my shimano specilaist tips.

C

christian tyroll

with regards to money not much not much,
?40
so im looking for a real budget rod,
thanks for the info i will bear that in mind when choosing my rod!
theres loads of the same model on ebay with 3 interchanable tips in 1oz 2oz 3oz' the rod weighs 8oz does this sound like a good deal for ?15?
any thoughts would be great!

E

EC

Have a look in your local shop mate, gear is more cheap than ever now!

?40 will get you something perfectly adequate mate.

Check out a few mags for models or do a google search you'll end up with plenty of options like

<a target='_new' href="http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/ProductID/944/GroupID/9/CategoryID/184/v/
">this</a>

and this!

But don't forget to try your local dealer!

C

christian tyroll

thanks Eddie,
the ?32 power feeder says it comes with 2 tips one medium and one heavy what sort of fishing are these subtible for, im a complete novice at this!

E

EC

Generally if its a 'power' type rod, its aimed at larger species, commercial type venues, or sometimes big rivers!

What sort of venues do you fish?

C

christian tyroll

mainly club waters but sometimes rivers and commecials, say rivers once a month commercial every 2 or 3

E

EC

Try and get something with multi tips (2 or more), 11ft long or upwards.

You'll defo get something really decent for your money, especially if you plumb for last years (or the years' before) models!

C

christian tyroll

thanks for the advice im going to look in my local tackle shop and ask about old stock tommorow before i make any decisions!again thanks for all the help!

E

EC

No worries mate, let us know what you buy, and dont forget to have a look at second hand in the AT or Mail, or even the 'for sale' section here on this site!

C

christian tyroll

Eddie,

i took your advice on length,

i settled on a 12ft maver genesis for ?35 from my local tackle shop!

it came with two tips a 1 oz and 2 oz!

E

EC

Nice one mate, don't forget to write a user review for the site after you have used it a few times!