DBs Fishing Holiday

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Steve,

it was a pleasure to meet you and your mates and look forward to seeing you in October on the Trent with luck.

If you are coming next year sort yourself out with some chesties and well get in amongst those mullet.

Congratulations on your Stour fish.

M

madpiker

looks like you all had a good time,especially with those pb chub.excellent article and well done for your results.
pete

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Well done Steve -- nice fish and a nice write up!
........and you got a Kryston goody bag as well !!!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nice one Steve. It sounds like you had a great time. Lovely chub and barbel mate.

C

Chris Pearson

Steve,
It was worth waiting for.
Well done all of you.
Best wishes,
Chris

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
wtg steve and friends.....really enjoyed reading it and some good pics as well.
it`s certainly made me realise what i`ve been missing all these years....cant wait to get out there and have a bash myself.

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Well done DB, when you catch those Throop chub or barbel you must be doing something right as they have seen it all, and from the very best as well.

And a 6lb'er too, stonking!!!!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Thanks Guys,

I wasn't sure how my first article would be judged, but it seems to have gone down well. I don't tend to write a lot, nothing at all to be honest so I'm quite happy, but it could have been better.

The fishing was extremely hard, we only caught the odd fish during the bright sunshine, most of the fish came as the evening approached. Neils five fish haul was amazing, as it was during the bright sunshine, as I said he was chuffed to bits.
He is hooked big time, his commercial days are gone!

Nick, the one I was holding, with an extremely stupid look on my face was the big one, 6lb 2oz. It was a magnificent fish, the picture didn't do it justice, it was massive. I should have measured it, but in all the excitement I forgot, letting it go was harder than dumping a girlfriend, I think I said "bye mate, thanks" as it slid away!

I would recommend the Stour to everybody, but be warned, it is hard and can smash your brains. It's not all about P.B's, as Bill said "they've seen it all" and we all know how clever chub are. It is pure satisfaction when you out-wit one, if it's a P.B thats a bonus!

The Stour Gods might have been looking down on us that week, but the FM members helped a bit too!

Cheers guys.

Steve.

T

tom riordan

Memories of this Holiday will last you a lifetime. I thought your article was brilliant, plenty of pics and an interesting story to tell, I hope you write another one soon. Most of all well done on achieving a p.b. under difficult conditions. How are you going to top this holiday next year? whoevers turn it is to pick has his work cut out.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have to dissagree with you there Steve mate, it couldn't have been a better write up, as you said it was honest and that's what comes through. A workingmans holliday with his mates, well done to you.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Thanks Baz, it was a workingmans article.

Ian has the job of choosing next years holiday, but I think the choice has already been made!

Neil wants to go again next weekend, 2 hour drive! each way!

Tom, your right, the memories will last forever. I still get short of breath every time I think about pulling the "big one" towards the net!

Fishing is Magic!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Only two hours??
Get down there lad. I do that near enough now and again. And I hope to be doing it a lot more this season.

L

Les Clark

Just read your article D.B. ,well done mate , good mates and good fishing ,what more could you want .

R

Rodney Wrestt

Steve,
congratulations on the pb mate, nice article too, hope you keep you options open on another article as it's these which make this site as good as it is, Real people in real situations..... just like readers wives :eek:)

F

Fred Bonney

Great stuff Steve,it's a long time since I've been down there and the chub have grown quite a bit.Times about right for another visit.
Well done on your pb('s).

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hopefully we will be returning to the Throop soon, probably after the Trent fish-in.

The weed and ducks should be almost gone bye then, so some serious trotting will be the order of the day.

The day I spent two hours walking the bank won't be a complete waste of time, I know exactly where I will be heading for a days trotting.

It is a beautiful river and I would not hesitate recommending it to everybody, get down there Fred. It's not all about chub and barbel, carp, roach, perch and dace are all present. Oh, and some very large pike, I think almost evey swim I fished had pike in it.

The two hour drive is a small price to pay.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Thanks FM and Kryston, Dave Chilton.

Just got my goodie box, full of PVA bags and flourocarbon line, excellant!

Thank You.