making boilies

C

christian tyroll

i would like to make my own boilies as i find ready made ones to expensive!

i found a method for making them using 6 eggs! i have a few qestions, any help would be appreciated!

how much liquid attractent would i need to use for A 6 egg mixture?

do you use the whole egg or just the egg white or yolk?

once cooked should i place into the airing cupord, or freezer or freezer for a few hours etc. can they be removed and kept in cupboard untill use?

and most importantly what sort of stuff could i use as the base mix, groundbait or breadcrumb etc?

like i said any help would be great!

christian

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
How about buying a good quality bait, but only use it as the hook bait, and then use a particle bait for the feed?

This would allow you to have plenty of hookers at a low price, and the feed element is easy to put together and cheap as well. Try a packet of frozen Tutti for the hookers and how about Hemp, Corn and Halibut Pells for the feed?

C

christian tyroll

thanks murray sounds like a good idea,

how do you preper hemp and is it expensive?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Hemp about ?13 for 20 kilo
Pigeon conditioner about the smae price

I mix these in equall parts can usually be bought in smaller weights also from your local feed merchant.

To prepare soak for 8 hours boil for 20min to 30 min till husk of hemp splits. save the water for adding to groundbait or for re-hydrating boillies.

C

christian tyroll

thanks Bryan i will probably only buy a coulple of kilos to start off with!

i gave making the boilies a go anyway (didnt make many probably 40-50) it didnt take long and they worked' i put them on one rod and despite not doing aswel as lunchon meat i still caught 3 fish on them! so i was very pleased about that!