Favourite fish.. ?

Matty C

Reaction score
Hiya guys..
was just sittin here readin all the posts of interest, and just wondered what all your favourite fish are, and why..
Ill start off by saying that my fave fish has got to be the chub, Im not 100% sure why to be honest, but I think its probably because theyre clever fish, more often than not a couple pounds, so give a good account for themselves on the right gear, and the styles / tactics used for differant time of year can stay the same within reason at times, but the tactics can always change dramatically at the same time.. big perch are also one of my faves, but big ones arnt always playin the game..

so my vote is chub, just interested in everyone elses too

cheers guys

Beecy

Reaction score
Big Roach - can't realy put my finger on why,but the feeling netting a big roach gives me is greater than that from any other fish.

Matty C

Reaction score
fair enough beecy.. I understand its all about the feeling.. gettin them jelly legs when you catch the first glimps of that big fish is always a great one..

that was the same feeling I got when I saw my first 2lb+ perch, and then my 3lb 6oz stripey.. thought it was a chub to start with, til I saw it, n nearly died.. great stuff :)

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
For me it is between the chub and roach.
A beautiful large "Red Fin" or the most clever of all freshwater fish?

It has to be chub, the size, power and skill required to catch them does it for me!

But I love roach as well!

M

madpiker

tope,bass and black bream are my favourite sea species.
pike tench and eels are the freshwater ones

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Chub for me as well, for the same reasons in Matty's first posting.

If I couldn't fish for the chub, then it would have to be the roach on my local cut.
It does throw the very odd surprise up but not very often, and you never know when. Trying different baiting techniques and places on the cut, can be quite interesting.

T

tom riordan

Sea - Bass, mullet and conger

Coarse - tench,chub and barbel

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Difficult choice for me but it's between Tench and Crucian and I think that the old Tinca just pips it at the post(very close though)

S

Stuart Harvey

Chub for me too. I just love 'em. I like the methods associated with them, I like fishing the swims that they inhabit and the fact that they'll virtually eat anything.

I also love tench. Probably the best looking fish we have I think, closely followed by big perch.

C

christian tyroll

DB,

if i had to chose bettween those it couldnt be a leather as ive never caught one,

but out of common mirror or wild it would have to be wildies because they fight lke mad,

well the ones ive caught have!

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Three spined stickleback and the humble loach and minnow as thats where it all started.