Bivvy Heaters

bill2

Reaction score
Unlike my 'lightmates' i wanna keep on fishing through the winter so, among other things, i got me a Bivvy Heater. It runs of a butane cartridge. However, one of my mates reckons that they kill hundreds of people every year with CO poisoning! Is this true! I'm not gonna go to bed with the thing on, but are they really that dangerous?

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Can be. Always keep the bivvy well ventilated, all doors and flaps open and keep the heater close to the outside.

In which case, whats the point of haviing a bivvy heater? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

kevin o connor

Reaction score
However, one of my mates reckons that they kill hundreds of people every year with CO poisoning!
Posts like this one always make me smile. First of all, Yes there is a possibility of CO poisoning with any gas appliance. But to say they kill hundreds of people every year is a slight exaggeration. If it were true the manufacturers of the heaters would be in court every day fighting compensation claims. When is the last time you or your mate heard of someone being killed by one. As long as you keep within the guidelines for using one and provide ventilation you should be ok. If not it was nice knowing you:j:D

gentle

Reaction score
Best bivvy heater of all..... Swedish blonde lady with an appetite for middle aged men in tents. Awesome!

Runs on schnapps and smorgasboard.

I heard Sven Goran Eriksson is doing a bogof offer on 2 used models. Id prefer to get one without swedish porridge included though!!!