robin on a rod

C

christian tyroll

great photo,
isnt a robin on a rod supposed to be good luck?
you should have caught the big one after that!

Jeff

Reaction score
I like bird watching while I'm fishing (something has got to fill those quiet times ;0) )

Nice pic mate...

MattyBoy

Reaction score
Fair play actually getting a photo of it still on the rod, Ive got a few somewhere of one sneaking up behind me a nicking a few maggots off of the floor but never managed to snap one perched on my rod , but everytime on lands on my rod(s) it seems to be like a jinx even in the middle of a 'bagging' session it just kills it, perhaps its just me! Cant complain though its all beautiful at the end of the day,the fishing, the surroundings and the wildlife lets keep it that way especially for the future generations and fishing antis

S

shakey jake

i woke up on sunday two weeks ago with a robin flying around my bivvy.only had a slight gap in the door due to the cornish weather,it found its way out and then a few hours later it was sitting under my bivvy table,it was hopping from rod to rod for most of the day.i blanked that session!!!

E

Evan

Damn good photo. I have a good luck robin at the fishery lake opposite the house (swank swank !) who started the season very cautiously hiding and peering at me...

A few months later the little bugger was sitting on the side of my bait box selecting the maggots he wanted rather than waiting for me to throw some in his direction !

And i never had a day's bad fishing with him around..... but not seen him lately, just hoping it is the cold weather making him less active and not one of the local cats has got him. Cross fingers....

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

On several occasions in my life I have had a kingfisher perched on my rod.

But before I could get my camera they have flown away.

A

Angler Saxon

Hey! Thanks for your comments guys. I only just found this thread when I went to have a look at my photo. The pic was taken just downstream from Dobbs Weir on the River Lea. I blanked that day despite assistance from the robin. He did alright though - when he wasn't being a poseur he was scoffing my maggots.