technique

Tony Cooke 2

Reaction score
hi can anyone tell me how i set up my rod to fish the feeder or ledger.Am asking as i have only just started.

Beecy

Reaction score
You need to use a simple paternoster, I dont have time to describe in detail as I'm at work.

Last weeks angling times has an article on bream fishing that gives a good diagram and instructions on how to tie it.

( youl probably also find one on here somewhere)

J

jason fisher

no you wont because its a tether rig, just get a nice run ring and a few beeds and ledger stop then put the ring on the line first followed by a couple of beeds then the stop and finally the hook length sorted.

Beecy

Reaction score
I take your point Jason, but in 20 years of bream fishing I've never had a break above the feeder.

Tony, Ive assumed your just doing light feeder fishing for bream. as jason rightly points out, if you after bigger fish or are fishing in snaggy areas you have to cnsider the safety of your set up.

J

jason fisher

and you are suggesting it in the beginner section to people who won't know all of the consideratins that you need to take into account to use it safely :)

J

jason fisher

there is a good article on the pros and cons of paternosters on here by woody and in the debate that follows andy nellist comes up with just about as safe a one as you will ever get maybe one of those two chaps or graham or rik could help find it because i cant remember what it wasw called.

Tony Cooke 2

Reaction score
thanks jason and beecy 4 the advice it is much appreciated will check out the other threads. thanks again