Keeping Flavours

M

Mark Tullett

There's been alot of talk lately in various comics about using 'fresh' bait and how it's not good to re-freeze it etc (not too difficult to see the motive there!, interesting to see how the same comics don't have articles on home made bait!). What about flavours / additives? can't see a problem as I've got stuff that's been around a good while and doesn't seem to be any different, anyone else got a view?

A

Andy Thatcher

Can't see a problem as long as it is stored in a dark cool place. Found a bottle of Catchum Megaspice that must be knocking on 12 years old and it is fine.

R

Rob Brownfield

Megaspice!!!!..I'll give you a tenner for it..lol.

I have Geoff Kemp flavours from about 20 years ago..and it still smells good. I dont get much chance to use it in Scotland..lol

A

Andy Thatcher

The very good news is that I was going to buy more as I fancy a little river perching this winter !!!

D

David Will

I was given the advice by the late Keith Selleck to bin any flavour/additive when the bottle starts to collapse.Some go quickly some last for years with no apparent degeneration.My record is a bottle of Premier Peach which I reckon is knocking 10 years.I guess the base liquid of the flavour is the key.

R

Rob Brownfield

That Premier Peach wa/is the dogs dangly bits..lol... The Kemp stuff is all ok..except the Green Zing..that has collapsed. ..ohh..and some Premier Cornish Cream has gone the same way.