new challenge

will kerr

Reaction score
I have only recently taken up carp fishing.
I have been fishing at gawsworth fisheries and have taken a number of doubles. Im now bored of gawsworth and need a different water with other challenges.
Are there any syndicates in the Macclesfield area? I can walk to a lake called redesmere from my house but i have heard this is a challenging water.
Is capesthorne water hard?
Any help will be appreciated.

B

Big Rik

due to the thin spread of decent carp waters in your neck of the woods, I'd suggest that unless it's a commercial venue, then the fishing is always going to be 'challenging', but isn't that what you're after?

You've said that catching the easy doubles is boring, so look at other waters, if they are too hard, then you can always move back to something slightly easier.

Redesmere may be hard, but that's more than made up for the knowledge you'll gain because it's so close and you'll be able to visit it more often than an easier water that is further away.

will kerr

Reaction score
I thought the problem with redesmere was that there were to many sailing boats on the water in the day.
What is the stocking density in the lake and does it fish well in the winter?
thanks

B

Big Rik

it's deep enough to fish well in the winter.
150 carp in 40 acres.
Yes boats, how bad I don't know.

It was one of the waters that I had on my hit list when I thought about venturing up t'north.

F

Frothey

theres been a lot written about redesmere by paul selman, frank warwick and a few others. if the weeds still in there, you dont have to fish miles out....

a lot of waters have a problem with boats during the day....so fish the nights!