We could do without this

Dave German

Reaction score
Page 15 in todays sun, just in time for the start of the pike season, something not right about the photo though.

N

NottmDon

Wouldnt wipe my ass on the sun (might burn it lol) SOmething sensationalist I take it?

Beecy

Reaction score
Its a story about shark fishing Don using live dogs as bait, the photo shows a dog with a double hook through its snout.

(in my opinion the hook is way too small for the size of the bait!)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Could be Peta behind the story and the picture. Seems something of a coincidence that the poster in their anti angling campaign featured a dog hanging from a meathook.

And it comes as no surprise that the Sun would run the story does it.

E

EC

The S*n, the most vile paper on this Earth, those w@nkers will f*ck anyone over for a headline!

W

Wolfman Woody

A forgery. And a bad one at that. Can't download it for closer examination though.

You can clearly see the hooks supposedly coming out of the snout have been surplanted on the original and also around the side. The wire trace is out of focus where it shouldn't be. What do other photographers think?

Typical of scandalmongering newspapers desperate for stupid readers to buy their crap paper.

W

Wolfman Woody

Oh - and wheres the blood coming from the dog's snout?

If that's a live dog there'd be buckets of it. Even a dead one there'd be some blood and congealed mess. It's all far too clean. Dog have millions of tiny blood vessels around that area. They pour out blood as soon as they're ruptured.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
There is no barbs on the hooks and as you say if they had cleaned the blood up there would be signs around the shank of the hook. If this is a hoaks then the people responseable should be shot as this sort of image does angling no favours.

W

Wolfman Woody

Oh well, I take it back.

I'll send it to my French colleague for his version of the dialogue.

Still say the Sun's crap though.