Power Pro Braid

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Has anyone bought ir from america? I have just emailed a guy off ebay to ask about sending some over the prices he's selling it for seems to be very cheap so was wondering if anybody had any experiences of getting it sent over i.e. is it exactly the same stuff and import duties and how long poatage takes etc?

M

madpiker

snowbbee are now importing it to the uk,so i would imagine that it will be getting cheaper in the near future.

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I will wait for the guy from the states to get back to me and then I'll let you know.

Paul

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I brought a few spools back from the States 4 years ago and used it for carp and bream. It's a great line but quickly loses it's colour and suppleness so after a few months I stripped it of my reels and went back to using P Line which is a flourocarbon coated copolymer also manufactured in America. If you really want to try any of the American lines then I'd suggest checking the Bass-Pro Website.
Matt, Power Pro comes in all strengths above 6lbs but whether or not you can get it in 65 or 80lb I wouldn't know although knowing the yanks it wouldn't suprise me if you can.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I forgot to mention the Power Pro I got was moss green but within a couple of months it had faded to a dirty grey.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
I forgot to say, you can get it cheaper in the States. I meant from UK.
Of course from the US if you buy more than 2 spools you have import duty and normal delivery is 3-4 weeks versus 2 days. My deliveries are now Recorded/Insured.

If lost from the US....tough.

BS above 50lb are considerably more cost but if anyone wants that or lower than 15lb bs it is available on pre-order.
Dates adviced on order.

Cheers Graham

John Prendergast

Reaction score
I've bought Power Pro from the states and it is fine, exactly the same as what you would get here only a vastly wider choice of breaking strains and an awful lot cheaper.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...arentType=index&parentId=cat600395&id=0011779

Copy and paste that string into your address box and you will be taken to the page for it.

I bought the braid along with lots of other equipment, lures, abu multiplier etc and if you do it right the savings can be huge.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

I use the 120lb (55kg) for catfishing abroad.

Leslies of Luton stock the higher breaking strains of power pro.