How about an article

C

Chris Bishop

As in, get asked to write something to get someone out of a hole when something else falls down.

Agree a price, turn it around in a couple of hours and file it. Then never get paid for it. Sound familiar..?

What would you advise..?

D

David Marrs

Well I won't be writing much for a while, I flaming fell over on Wednesday and broke my wrist, hand and a couple of ribs, ouch! Cracking injury's for a fishing and motorcycling nutter!!!

N

NottmDon

The pen is mightier than the sword Chris, think of a place to stick your biro that will make the culprits eyes water :)

Tough call David, without my motor since last week another few days in the garage yet and no fishing till I get it back.Havent resorted to Television soaps though, just keep getting my fishing kit out and checking rods, reels etc. Driving the wife nuts it is lol. get well soon m8.

M

mark williams 4

You're making a point, Chris, but I don't know what it is...

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
It wold seem to me that Chris was asked to write somthing to get someone (Mark?) out of a hole when somthing else fell down.

He agreed a price, turned the piece out in a couple of hours, filed it and then never got paid for it.

Could be wrong though.

C

Chris Bishop

Nice one Mark. As in you contacted me, asked me to do something and I never got paid for it.

Phoned the accounts department you referred me to when I called to chase up the payment and they'd never heard from you.

I'd have put this down to experience, but when you start offering advice on how to get into journalism I wonder really.

Having been a journalist for the best part of my working life, profession built on trust, people ring up and need something done at short notice etc.

Hope this clarifies.