Rain, Where is it?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I've never seen the lower Bristol Avon so low!
I had a look yesterday and it was at least two foot down, it is going to take some serious prolonged rain to put it right, but where is the rain?
We had some rain last night but now it is bright sunshine again!

What are your rivers like?
Is it the same story everywhere?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Its been raining up here on the Ribble all week on and off river about 2 foot above summer level. Ground is well soaked. Will be trying this evening for a barbel or two.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I can't understand it!
Two months ago we had quite a good summer level and now it is almost stood still!
I know we haven't had much rain but when you consider the lower Avon is about 40yards wide and 13feet deep and it's two or three feet down, thats a hell of a lot of water missing?

J

jason fisher

sod off i'm sick of the soud of soddin water dripping onto my bedrrom ceiling it rains every night and keeps me awake all night.we get plenty of rain.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Supposed to have had rain five days this week and we've hardly had enough to wet a nappy, and here was me hoping the Wye would come up a couple of feet, Who do you complain to, its not good enough?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We are haveing plenty in the north, especially the old Lancashire areas. But with the low water conditions we have had, and polutions, it's a blessing in disguise.

I

Ian Cloke

We have had a bit here in Rotherham, my local Dyke has risen about 10" in the past few days.

M

madpiker

the rivers in somerset seem to be flowing a bit more of late and the ground is quite soft now.
steve,in a month or so,i reckon that you`ll be posting a thread titled "when is this rain going to stop?!"
we are due a wet winter and i reckon that it`ll be this year.the long range forecast for october is a return to wet and windy weather mid month(just when the chew valley piking starts!)