Sinking float syndrome?

Beecy

Reaction score
I?m sure all of you who fish the pole will know what I mean by sinking float syndrome, you get your pole float bristle dotted perfectly at the start of a session, then after an hour or so it starts to sink due to water absorbtion and you have to start pissing about greasing the tip or trimming/removing shot.

SFS has had me pulling my hair out for years, I?ve tried most makes of pole floats on the market and never solved the problem.. that is until the beginning of this year when I read a review of floats made by GERRY?S OF NOTTINGHAM, that promised and end to SFS.

So I treat myself to a set, and do you know what??I?ve not lost a strand of hair while pole fishing since.

These floats are absolutely superb, all have lovely long cane (my preference) bristles and the finish is faultless.

The ones I have bought are ?Paste+corn, Pellet+punch, hemp gold & bloodworm? but check out the full range here.. http://www.gonfishing.com

The service I got was also spot on, phoned the order in on a Saturday, floats on my doormat Tuesday.

I also assure you this is a totally independent recommendation and I?m so impressed that as soon as I get the chance I will be visiting the shop to check out their wagglers, sticks etc.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Beecy, they only sink when the seal gives in and they take on water. Most quality floats will last pretty well but when they're on they way out it's best to replace them.

As a quick solution, bristle grease is fabulous.

Beecy

Reaction score
What I was getting at though Matt is that these floats from Gerry's are the best i've ever used and highly recomend them.

On nearly every other float i've tried I've had to seal them with dope myself.

Give them a try mate, I promise you will be impressed.

E

EC

Does anyone remember Alan Mayer pole floats?

These were/are my favourites of all time, sadly all mine have long since gone, not that I do much pole fishing now mind, but they were absolutely spot on!

Those flaost by Gerry's look very similar to some of the old patterns I used to use!