Well done

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Today Ian Caught his first trout on the fly on Thrybergh Reservoir.

And he caught 3 fish!!

Well done Ian, you have triumphed against a really difficult water. Most of the other anglers on there today had nothing. I managed a couple of fish and lost three more due no doubt to the fact that my reflexes are slowing down as I get older.

Ian has just phoned me. He is over the moon. I am so pleased in that we can add another fly fisher to the converted list.

Wel done again mate.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Congratulations Ian, What's wrong with using a worm though:eek:).

Ron, reflexes slowing down..... yeah right :eek:)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

No they went into the pan. As any nice trout should.

Paul Maclennan

Reaction score
Well done Ian, I knew it wouldn't take you too long. Looking forward to fishing with you next year mate.

Paul.

I

Ian Cloke

Thanks guys, I am well chuffed. Even more so because they were all taken to dry fly. I'm not certain about the name of the pattern, it was a "hairy" black fly with a red flash hanging below the curve of the hook. Perhaps someone might be able to ID it??

How many fish start are you going to give me Paul???;-)

Paul Maclennan

Reaction score
None, in fact taking into account my horrendous physical condition my insermountable mental problems and my addiction to Golden Virginia Im giving myself a five fish start.

;-)

I

Ian Cloke

I've had a look through a fly book, the nearest thing I can see to the fly is a Soldier Palmer. I might be wrong about the colours, as I'm colour blind!! but I've asked Angie and she says I've described the colours RIGHT (shock, horror and amazement!!)

Paul, you seem to forget that I too am disabled mate, so for your forgetfullness I will have a 10 fish start ;o)

Paul Maclennan

Reaction score
Yes Ian but what you haven't taken into account is that my dog is 10x more disobediant than yours. This adds to my stress levels, take of two fish.