Give Me Shelter

Francophil

Reaction score
I quite often fish a local lake that's at the top of a hill.It was only dug about 5 years ago and the trees and shrubs that have been planted around it are still too small to give any protection from the wind.

The fishing's usually great but it's nearly always windy there and quite often it's too windy to put up a standard brolly.

I don't particularly want to buy a proper bivvy but need something lightweight and very stable to protect me and my kit from the elements.

Have been looking at alternatives such as the Daiwa Level-Pegger umbrella and the Chub Cyclone EZ shelter. Any views on these or recommendations on other products which would be suitable would be appreciated.

M

matt thomas

tracker specimen brolly for me,it has a removable centre pole and comes with storm poles and is very well made
when you fancy an over nighter it comes with a zip off front as well as (proper)pegs and lots of pegging points
150 notes should get you one

there are others out there but they are not as good quality and as light,although i wouldnt say this is light but adequate .i have had 3 bivvies now and this is what i'm using from now on as it suits all purposes,it fits in my quiver and is just a bit more bulky than a 'normal'brolly

Blunderer

Reaction score
Try the Fox Evolution Plus.
More of a little bivvy really, but up in 2 mins and perfect to use in your situation.

G

Gary Knowles 2

Nash Hog. Profiled brolly, rolls up to fit in a small quiver, big enough for a bedchair when pegged out.

I use it for all my overnight sessions.

Francophil

Reaction score
Thanks to all who offered suggestions. I'll have a look at the other options.