New Carp rod

will kerr

Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking for a new carp rod.Only problem is my low budget of about ?50. Im looking at the wychwood rogue rod. What do u think is the best low budget rod?
Thanks in advance.

B

Big Rik

best for what?

Some questions.
size of water, expected size of fish, usual style (bags, method feeders, straight lead etc etc) weed, snags ???????????

will kerr

Reaction score
sorry,
8 acres roughly, usually fish large bags, fish in the upper twentys, lots off lily pads an quite a few snags.

B

Big Rik

why are you sorry will?

mmm, sounds like you need a reasonable rod with good backbone, to keep the fish away from the pads and snags as well as being able to put a bag a decent distance.

Most cheap rods will be very through action (cheaper materials or less of them will not be as stiff whilst still trying to be reasonably slim)

Nash Outlaw XS runs it at just over ?40 and they do a 2 3/4 and a 3lb version.

Fox Warrior XT under 50.

Wychwood Rogue, the same.

Look at the adverts on the left, Mark from Carp Crazy knows his stuff and is very cheap.
Give him a call and speak to him.

carp hunter

Reaction score
Have a look at the TFG range by Matt Hayes,look the part for the money.

C

christian tyroll

like carp hunter says the tfg are good (ive got one ) ive not had fish bigger than 10lbs (unfortuntly) but i often snag fih and use bags and there good for this!

ive had no trouble keeping fishing out of snags with it, its very slim and well... id reccomend it!

C

christian tyroll

oh the tfg range come in 2 1/4 , 2 1/2, 2 3/4, 3lb and i think they may do one in 3 1/4 but i could be wrong!

Steve Masterman

Reaction score
Hi, Have you tried Ebay? a lot of fair weather anglers selling some nice rods.I've just got a pair or brand new tribal xt's for ?75 each . I have previously bought Techniums for around ?50 and a couple of solstice's for coppers.
Any one else bought any bargains on Ebay?

will kerr

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies, going to my fishing shop today.

B

Big Rik

they are probably all rung from the same blanks anyway but just with different finishes.

Foxy

Reaction score
Dont be afriad to look round the tackle shops. bought 3 brand new 3 piece powermesh x rods for ?60 last month, you would be amazed at some of the gear these lads get in