Ronnie Barker RIP

J

john ledger

Sorry to hear about Ronnie Barker passing away.He was the type of person that made you feel better without the foul mouthed tirade you get from some of todays so called comedians

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Always be remembered as Arkwright to me "Fer,fer,fer,fetch you're cloth Grer,Grer,Grer,Granville"

P

paul williams 2

The old comics didn't need to swear did they?......the two Ronnies, Morcombe and Wise, Tommy Cooper, steptoe and son, rising damp, etc etc.....the whole family could watch..........i miss em all!

I

Ian Cloke

That is so true Paul, they all had the art of timing off to perfection aswell. Unlike a lot of the so called comedians of today.

R.I.P. Ronnie

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
was listening to all the tributes and comments on ian collins show on talk sport this morning.
all were talking about growing up with fletcher and arkwright and the two ronnies and the real,genuine sense of loss that everyone was feeling.
todays funnymen and women will always have their own place in the history of comedy but none will ever top the comedy genius of folk like ronnie barker,eric morecombe,tony hancock,spike milligan,peter sellers and the python team.
i`d like to think that fletcher,godber and mr mackay are looking down on us all with wry smiles on there faces.
god bless ronnie.....

B

Bully

Funny John Mc above said "comic actor". Ronnie B was originally trained as an actor and never considered himself a comedian per se. Which is probably why he was so good.

He really was a superb comedy actor, one of the best, if not the best. Don't forget he was also a brilliant script writer but never went under his own name !!

Missed? He never will be because we will still be laughing at/with him for many years to come.

Great man.....and even better for the fact that you never read anything about him in the papers. Did his job, went home to family. Pitty some of our sports people do not follow the same trait.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Hoes, Hose Oes!!!

Brilliantly funny.

Yet I am sure they will show many of his great series on TV in the future.

Jason Speck 2

Reaction score
Porridge is on the Beeb now.Still makes me "roll up"

"The Toilets at a local police station have been stolen.Police say they have nothing to go on."

A class act.As David Jason call's him "The Guvenor"

An out an out class act

ByNasty

Reaction score
One of the strongest images of my childhood is sitting with my Grandad, both of us crying with laughter at the Two Ronnies. Open All Hours is still my favourite sit-com ever with Porridge not far behind.
When Spike died people started realising that the word genius had been used too lightly describing people that paled in comparison to his writing and performing ability, and I'm afraid that people will be saying it again now as it is the only word to describe Ronnie's outstanding talent.
A true legend who's performances played a massive part in my childhood and who I was fortunate to rediscover in the last few years.
God bless the Guv'nor.

F

Frothey

f u n e t?

a lot of the great old comedians did swear when doing clubs etc, its just they couldnt get away with it on tv back then....

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I would put Ronnie Barker with John Cleese and Tommy Cooper as three of the funniest men I have ever seen.

M

M?r?

Well its good night from me, and good night from him.

God bless you Ronnie.RIP

one of, if not the best ever!

J

john ledger

Bully you are right mate you never saw any rubbish coming from him or his family,great writer as well.

W

Wolfman Woody

"The old comics didn't need to swear did they?......steptoe and son"?

There were more "bloody" and "bleeding" in that prog than anything else. No-one else on TV could use that language at that time. It was very forward for its day, but I still liked it though.

I first remember him in the film "The Bargee" with Harry H. Corbett (a link with Steptoe there). What worries me is that we don't have any comedic actors today that can perform in a show like theirs or Morecambe and Wise. Entertainment has gone down the spout!