Help Please

Peter West

Reaction score
Hello All. I know this not about fishing but getting desperate now, if possible can anyone try to explain to someone who?s not that way inclined how to connect a new TV, video, DVD recorder and sat box, spent hours last night trying, but only ended falling out with wife and daughter, books what came with items complete waste of time, to me that is, don?t suppose there any sky or TV lads in Chorley by any chance, will pay of course. Desperate Peter.

T

The Monk

outside ariel into video, spare ariel from video to TV, scart lead from video to TV, 2nd scart lead from DVD to TV, use gold scart leads

Peter West

Reaction score
Cheers Monk. Will try this when i get home from work, i seem to have lot more leads then you describe though. Peter

Clikfire

Reaction score
Hi Monk,

are you sure? Peter say's he has a DVD recorder and you haven't given it an ariel lead so he won't be doing any recording.

Paul B

Reaction score
as Monk says;
1)aerial co-ax, to vid; 2)spare aerial co ax, vid to tv; BUT ALSO 3)scart from vid to sat box 4)second scart from sat box to tv; 5)third scart dvd to tv

works on my set up anyway! you may find you can only record to dvd the channel you're viewing on the tv

most tv's have 2 or more scart sockets; if yours has only one you'll need to get an adaptor from argos, comet etc.

my sat box has 2 scart sockets, labelled for vid and tv.

good luck!

Peter West

Reaction score
Hi All, Still struggling, driving me mad, going to write down what i have done to see what you all think, thanks all for helping. Peter