east devon venues

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Morning all

I'm going for a weeks holiday soon in Witheridge in Devon - its in between Tiverton and Chumleigh for those with local knowledge. I've been told by my partner that I can have two days fishing as long as we "can go somewhere nice"! So I'm looking for venues - probably lakes. I've come across Creedy lakes on the net - looks quite nice. Anyone here fished there? I'd love to catch a really big Crucian - any ideas anyone? Rivers aren't out of the question either... Any info would be gratefully received, and I'll do my best to report on any sucesses (or failures!)

cheers

Jim

M

madpiker

jim,i don`t know much about ponds in devon as i never fish them.the grand western canal outside tiverton is a pretty place(no litter or dog crap)and contains some good tench and bream,plus other species including pike.there is a tackle shop in tiverton,exe valley angling i think its called and is located in an area called west exe or similar.they should be able to point you in the right direction.theres also a fishery near cullomton