Float Stops

Mark Williams 8

Reaction score
Hi all

Here with another daft question again.

Please could someone tell me how to put float stops onto my main line (12lb).
I tried but no luck.

Thanks Mark

L

Laurie Harper

Wow. 12 lb. is heavy for float fishing. Most stops are designed for fine lines. Would I be right in thinking you're piking? I'd suggest a small bead and a powergum stop knot.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For a powergum stop knot.
Take a pice of powergum about six inches long.
Double the powergum over.
Lay it along side the mainline.
Take one end and wrap it around the mainline and single piece of powergum 4 times.
Push the end that you have wrapped around the mainline through its own loop and pull tight.

N

NottmDon

Buy some ready made rigstops.They come on loops of nylon or wire,thread your line through the loop and pull the little grommet onto your mainline,job done. They come in various sizes for float fishing and there right handy for making rigs for ledger stops and stuff like that,hence the name :) I assume thats what you mean by a float stop Mark. Baz's way is just as good and cheaper though.

Mark Williams 8

Reaction score
Hi everybody

Thanks for your help, that will help me keep my two boys happy, they want to do these things but its me who has to do all the work (with all of your help).

tight lines Mark

Bill Marden

Reaction score
hi mark try this cut about one eigth of an inch of rubber rig tube ,thread through 3 times and pull tight job done.