Threading Anti - Tangle Tubing up your line

Foxy

Reaction score
Anyone got any tips for the above? takes me ages and drives i potty!!!!

B

Bully

Dont......in France the other week it drove me crazy!! Are you using rubber/plastic??

I am sure Fatboy Slim (Stu D) told me he used a lead tube (not lead core) and that was easier to slip on.

Wetting the line helps, and also make sure the end of the line has a sharp cut, with no squashing effect.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
If you're talking about braid mainline then yes it's a nightmare to thread it through anything.

I carry a small length of strong mono with me, I thread both ends through the tubing or whatever's needed leaving a loop of mono sticking out then pull the braid through with the mono loop.

Foxy

Reaction score
Using 16lb Diawa duo mono. Usually use normal tubing as i dont like lead core, have tried some of the fox tungsten tubing but thats even worse. My nex cunning plan is to get some micro dia. welding wire and use it to pull the mainline through! :)

M

matt thomas

diamond eye threader,piece of p*%s
tap it in on google to find a stockist
hope this helps
matt

Foxy

Reaction score
will check it out. thanks lads.

ohhh hello mr cakey, are you feeling more betterer now?

Foxy

Reaction score
good. FYI, its always more betterer, or even more bestister!!!!

N

NottmDon

Is the "e" string cheaper though? I'd thought of guitar strings before now but been to bloody lazy to look. The thing about the pole section threaders is they have a snazzy little loop on em that holds your line or whatever when your threading with them.

F

Frothey

they are if you play guitar and they'd only end up in the bin anyway!

G

Ged

Try fuse wire, plenty of different amps/thickness to choose from.
Useful for other applications as well.
And it's cheep.

C

Cakey

Whats wrong with a proper made threader for a couple of quid ??

B

Big Rik

yeah, originally called tube threaders, but any pole section of a tackle shop will have them as elastic threaders.

G

Ged

Nothing, unless you are using a fine sylican tubing.
Any way, bright sparks get it for nothing.

L

Little Stu!

DULLARD BULLY SAYS:

Dont......in France the other week it drove me crazy!! Are you using rubber/plastic?? (SURELY OTHER THINGS ON HIS MIND HERE)

I am sure Fatboy Slim (Stu D) told me he used a lead tube (not lead core) and that was easier to slip on. (LEAD TUBE? YEP WENT WITH DIVERS BELT! CLEARLY ANOTHER PLANET AND A GREAT EXAMPLE OF PEEDY NOT LISTENING AGAIN)

Wetting the line helps, and also make sure the end of the line has a sharp cut, with no squashing effect. (WETTING THE LINE? YEAH THATS IT, TRY DABBING THE END IN SUPERGLUE JUST BEFORE YOU THREAD IT THRU!)

B

Bill Cox

I used to use threaders, shop bought or fuse wire and they work fine but they are fiddely and usually break easily or your son uses them and loses the bloody thing.
What i do now is when i break the end tackle down i leave a length of line in the tubing and tie it back on itself, if starting from new i thread 25lb sea mono through which flys through. Then when i want to thread my reel line through i superglue it to the line running through the tubing and pull it through, works every time. 1 drop of glue sorted, and i can find the glue in my bag a lot quicker then a threader.