sunglasses

andymakesglasses

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a sunglasses designer, and have been asked by a client to design some fishing glasses that incorporate features that aren't usually offered on fishing sunglasses.

I'm not a fisherman, so what I'd like to ask is what features are most important to you in a pair of sunglasses for fishing? This can be anything from simply shapes, styles and colours, things that make sunglasses more practical for fishing, and features that currently aren't available on fishing sunglasses but that you'd like to see.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Andy
http://www.andysweet.co.uk

Wayne T

Reaction score
Scratchproof,polarised,durable,springloaded,easily adjustable,easily located,difficult to lose and extremely stylish would be nice!

David Naylor 3

Reaction score
yup stylish would be good! most polorised glasses look awefull! I look like Dame Edna in mine.
How about fitting a disgorger holder to the arm... that would be very handy...
and one with a fitted strap so that they didn't fall into the water

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I want polarised (obviously), good in low light, scratch proof, not styled like some of those horrendous Oakley and other brands. Also not priced like those brands either. Some kind of flexible frame material would be good for those 'sh;t I just sat on my glasses' moments. I slammed mine in the boot once squashed flat but they survived ok, Liddle specials too.

Not like these over here. They are over styled and make you look like prat.

Something more simply styled like these.

I know they look similar but there's a fine line between stylishly practical sunglasses and sunglasses for the sake of sunglasses.

M

matt thomas

a pair that is sporty without being "surfs up dude"

interchangeable lenses would be an excellent feature so you can have 3 types of lens orange for low light,brown for bright and dark grey for very bright

a strap is a must and also bouyant so they don't sink

they would have to be wrap around so they cut out side glare

hope this helps

M

matt thomas

and before someone else says it
they must have isotopes in the side for night fishing :)

M

Mark Hodson

Interchangable lenses would be good, like the Bloc biking glasses, to suit differing light conditions.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Ones that will fit over ordinary glasses

andymakesglasses

Reaction score
thanks for all the replies. I'll try and take on board what you've said and incorporate as many of the design features you've mentioned as possible. one question - what's a disgorger holder?!

I can try to find out which companies my clients hope to manufacture for, but bear in mind we're probably talking 6 months + before they reach the market. if anyone's interested in me keeping them updated on this, drop me a line at andy @ andysweet.co.uk

thanks again for the help

Best wishes
Andy

Spotters Shades

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have found these in Australia and now import them into the UK, I am currently working with retailers who will be able to supply into the market but as extra advertising I am looking online to get feedback.

Please feel free to take a look around www.spotters-shades.co.uk

Regards

Andy