PeTA after anglers again

davestocker

Reaction score
Here's the start of an article, the rest is at
PETA

'The bottom-feeders at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have come up with a new way to turn children against their parents: a gruesome comic entitled "Your Daddy Kills Animals," telling kids that fathers who fish are murderers. PETA operatives began handing out the graphic flyers to children on September 24, "Fish Amnesty Day" (apparently for the liberation of all those piscine political prisoners). This comes nearly two years after PETA activists, clad in animal suits, began forcing the similarly inspired "Your Mommy Kills Animals" comic into young children's hands.
The anti-fishing pamphlet is just one more part of PETA's ongoing campaign to indoctrinate kids with sickening propaganda. One PETA campaign coordinator told the Associated Press: "We would never use shock tactics with children; it wouldn't be right." PETA is certainly correct when it says targeting kids is beyond the pale. Read more about their deplorable behavior in our report, "Your Kids, PETA's Pawns: How the Animal 'Rights' Movement Hurts Children.......

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

They're on a hiding to nothing in the States. This latest stunt is probably a last ditch effort but with more than 50% of kids spending the weekends fishing with mum and dad it'll be doomed to failure like all their other anti-angling campaigns in America.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

They are extremists and we shouldn't be surprised at this sort of campaign.

Angling should however ensure that whenever they get any press we respond appropriately. People tend to accept as fact statements that are not quickly refuted.

davestocker

Reaction score
This bit really got me,
turning kids against their parents;

'The most troubling passage reads, "Until your daddy learns that it's not 'fun' to kill, keep your doggies and kitties away from him. He's so hooked on killing defenseless animals that they could be next!"'

You might also be interested to know that UK animal rights campaign group Animal Aid are similarly trying to preach their insidious messages to kids. They've just set up a website at

www.youth4animals.com

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Oh no they've finally hit the nail on the head.

After my last fishing trip I came home and garotted our cat. I couldn't help it, the red mist had descended.

It must have been all that relaxing countryside, the gentle sound of flowing water and the beautiful fish that wound me up into a blood lust.

N

NottmDon

you mean p-ta doesnt mean People Eating Tasty Animals? Better cancel my subscription lmao! Been said before but, if you type the full name of this sorry group of misinformed inbreeds into a thread and any other nutcase types it into a search engine it brings them straight to your site. Doesn't worry me in the least but on another site I use, the moderator as been targetted by a group of such idiots and they have made his life difficult,they are using the p-ta and also a-f names, forewarned is forearmed.

L

Laurie Harper

Sad but true, Pikey. I flushed the budgie down the loo last Sunday after I'd been fishing. I find it best, when people enquire what I see in fishing, to tell them I enjoy causing needless pain and suffering to innocent wild creatures. No point in beating about the bush...